Can anyone give me instructions on how to create a super export file I need to modify the one set up

Chris_9566250
Chris_9566250 Member Posts: 25
edited June 2018 in Payroll Premier
Can anyone give me instructions on how to create a super export file as I need to modify the one set up with more information for our clearing house?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2018
    Hello Chris,

All the information you need for a SuperStream Export File should be included in the corresponding components in Payroll Premier - your Company Details, the Employee details, the Fund details and in the Super definitions for the employee's pay.    

After your own Company Details and the Employee details are correct, go to Lists > Super Funds and create and setup the required Funds. 

Information required is minimal, but you must specify whether its an APRA Fund (public fund, requires an ABN) or an SMSF (requires an ESA).

Some super fund detail is needed in the Employee file, in particular the Fund's USI (sometimes referred to by the old name of SPIN):

After pays are processed and its time to forward super contributions to the Funds, create the file in Activities > Export > Super Export:

Specify the date range being sent:

The process will identify if any errors are present, so go back and correct what has been identified as faulty:

When all is corrected press on Export SAFF to create the generic SAFF file format (Export Super Data will produce the  file compatible with NAB SuperPay).  Take note that any employee still listed with an error will not be included in the export file:

You can then upload the file to your Superannuation Clearing House.  

If your Clearing House does not accept the SAFF generic or the NAB superPay compatible, then you will need to get a sample from your Clearing House and edit this file according to their requirements through File Explorer.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Chris_9566250
    edited March 2018

Thank you John,  that is what I have been doing for the past few years, but now the clearing house would like the Status and Salaries included in the report and that's what I am not sure how to do.

Chris

• John G
    edited March 2018
    Hello Chris,

Please speak with your Clearing House.  See this ATO site about what needs to be contained in the file. 

regards,
    John.
  • Chris_9566250
    edited March 2018

Thanks again John 

I have spoken to the clearing house and they requested more info in the report and that is what I'm trying to find out how to do,(to create the report)  this was the reply I got from Reckon

Thank you for contacting Reckon Technical Support.

We would like to request you to please create a super export file and then you can modify it according to the requirement of you super clearing house. You may add some other information in the file if your clearing house required those information. Please call on our technical support number if you need further help 1300-137-657For Technical Support inquiries, please visit http://www.reckon.com.au/support/default.aspx where most questions can be answered.

Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Why not ask the community! Please visit https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon 

Kind regards,

Umesh Kumar Kukreja
    Technical Support Representative 

• John G
    edited March 2018
    thanks Chris,

You cannot change the contents of the Super Export file from within the product.

You can open the file from the folder you saved it to with Notepad or Excel - it will show all that it contains.  Any changes will need to be made here so follow your Clearing House's instructions for what additional information is required and where it needs to appear in the file.  Save the file in the format required by the Clearing House.

regards,
    John
  • Chris_9566250
    edited March 2018
    Thanks John !!  appreciate that