Trying to reinstall Reckon Personal Plus 2013 on a new PC.

James Phillips
James Phillips Member Posts: 2
I am trying to reinstall Reckon Personal Plus 2013 on a new PC. I backed up and uninstalled on the old PC then installed and activated on the new PC, but when I try and open my accounts file I get error message "This file contains one or more accounts that require access to features not currently activated (e.g. Investing, Business)."

Both PCs are running Windows 10 with all maintenance applied. I reinstalled from my original DVD.  I installed from a Windows user with Administrator privileges.

I first reported this via the Support email address 3 days ago.  After 1 day I got a response saying that my request had been redirected to the area that handles personal software.  After another day I got a response that didn't address the actual issue I have.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi James,

Was your file previously used on Home and Business? 
    This message only appears if the file has been upgraded to a higher or later version, and is being opened in a lower or earlier version. i.e. Home and Business file in Personal Plus, or 2013 file in 2012 etc. There is no other reason this would be happening.

Does the same issue occur on the sample file?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• James Phillips
    James Phillips Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    Hi Rav,

Thanks for your reply. Yes the file was previously used in Personal Plus 2013.  I reinstalled from the same DVD I originally received.  I suppose it is possible that I installed an upgrade to Personal Plus 2013 from the web site at some subsequent time (though I don't recall doing so).  It works OK with the sample accounts file.

I just logged on to see if I could find any upgrade for Personal Plus 2013 available but couldn't see any.  Can you suggest anything else?
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019

Hi James

You can either phone Reckon Support, who can check the versions you have used, or login to the members areas to see yourself:

http://members.reckon.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx

Regards, Robyn Kelly