Reckon Accounts - Unrecoverable Error

JO-ANNEJO-ANNE Member Posts: 196
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Editing a transaction - save - this error comes up. Also used to happen when using the desktop version

Comments

• ToniToni Member Posts: 147
    edited December 2018
    Yes happens to me to - Ive done rebuild and still happens and verification says no errors 
  • JO-ANNEJO-ANNE Member Posts: 196
    edited July 2019
    yep I've done rebuild and verification. No problems. Reckon why are we getting this error? Looking at past posts, this has been ongoing for a couple of years now....time to fix it!!
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,906 Administrator
    edited March 2018
    Hi Jo-Anne,
    This is not an ongoing issue, an unrecoverable error message such as what you've highlighted refers to a corruption within your data file which unfortunately can occur on occasion.

If you've conducted a rebuild & verify and its showing no errors it means the process could not locate the error.

You've mentioned in your opening post this occurs when you're editing a transaction, does it occur on a particular transaction or ANY transaction? I suspect its just the one particular transaction which has become corrupt and you will need to delete it and redo that transaction.
    edited March 2018
    Rav, there are many posts stating the same problem. 
    My issue this time is with a superannuation payment that has been posted and paid. I have gone back into the transaction to break down the payment details by entering amounts for different employees. I have also had this problem when editing transactions in the item list
  • ToniToni Member Posts: 147
    edited March 2018
    Hi Rav, as we have been in the middle of stock taking,  I have found that when I go back to edit an entry it crashes with the same error in the Adjust Inventory Jnl screen - didn't happen every time but regularly enough to be frustrating.
    edited July 2019
    I have had this same error occur again after I added an item to an invoice I created this morning. I was closing the invoice and this error occurred.