Accounts plus 2016 very slow

paul gruber
paul gruber Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Is it normal for it to take 4-5 minutes to create my BAS statement. Even to create a P/L and other reports takes a very long time. My computer is only 18 months old and run very fast on everthing else. When I do ceate a report it tells me" Not Responding" but does continue to work.
I did have alot of drama upgrading from QB 2004 to 2016 which you guys did for me.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Check your preferences - and then your Report preferences - if its set to Cash - switch it to Accrual - the Cash reporting takes ages for it to calculate every time it runs a report - you really only need cash reporting for BAS time - so you just have to live with the time it takes to do the BAS statement if you are on Cash... but for all general reporting the Accrual basis should be reasonably quick.

Cheers Linda
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Hi Paul.  Another possibility.  Do you do a regular verify in conjunction with a backup?  If not, the size of your tlg file could be very large and this could be affecting performance.

John L G