*RESOLVED* Reckon Accounts Hosted launch issue (30 June 2018)

RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,917 Administrator
edited July 2 in Accounts Hosted
Hi everyone,

We're aware that some users are experiencing issues logging into Reckon Accounts Hosted at the moment.

This issue is only affecting AU users of Reckon Accounts Hosted. New Zealand Hosted users are not affected.

You may experience a screen similar to the below image when attempting to launch Reckon Accounts Hosted. 

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and frustration this is causing at such a busy time of year. 

Our teams are working on resolving this problem as quickly as we can.

I'll post updates here so please hit the 'Follow' button on this thread to receive updates.

THIS ISSUE IS NOW RESOLVED, PLEASE SEE LATEST UPDATE HERE

Update: 30 June, 7:41pm
Update: 30 June, 8:12pm
Update: 30 June, 8:46pm
Update: 30 June, 11:12pm

Update: 1 July, 6:34am
Update: 1 July, 10:22am
Update: 1 July, 1:17pm
Update: 1 July, 4:07pm
Update: 1 July, 4:45pm
Update: 1 July, 5:55pm

** CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE **

Comments

• John FriebelJohn Friebel Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unable to connect to the WebConnect server. Why do I receive "Unable to connect to the WebConnect server" error when trying to connect to Reckon Accounts?
  • Kerry RobertsonKerry Robertson Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled is anyone else having trouble getting into Reckon online? I keep getting the mes....
  • TYSON DEKLEVATYSON DEKLEVA Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PLEASE HELP!!!!. as soon as i login into my account its all black and my log in details are on the top left hand corner  with the following msg below unable to connect to the web connect server                      
  • GSD SupportGSD Support Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Accounts Hosted - "Unable to connect to the WebConnect server.". Unable to access Reckon Accounts Hosted via web browser(s). 

Error message presented after logging in: "Unable to connect to the WebConnect server.".

https://hosted.reckon.com.au/webconnect/RA.2017.AU.R2/sgIndex.asp
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,917 Administrator
    edited July 2018
    ** UPDATE **
    This issue is affecting NEW login attempts to Reckon Accounts Hosted 2017 & 2018 Australia only.
    If you are already logged in and able to use Hosted services you will not be affected by this access issue and we recommend not logging out for now.

New Zealand Hosted users are not affected.

Our teams are continuing work to rectify this issue with the utmost urgency.
  • Angela BrownAngela Brown Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unable to connect - Reckon Hosted. All Im getting is a black screen with a few yellow and a few white boxes and the message in red "unable to connect to the WebConnect server."     Any suggestions?
  • MikeMike Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2018
    Have been told Australia is affected but New Zealand is OK. Just a matter of time before we can use it and wrap up end of financial year
  • Tom AravanisTom Aravanis Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    This has been going on since 5pm cause that's when I got black screened.
    edited July 2018
    ** UPDATE **

Hi everyone
    While investigations are still continuing, the team have narrowed down the cause of the issue to the connection broker service that connects new customer login attempts to Hosted sessions. This is down at present and hasn't restarted as it should.

We have our full teams working on this at the moment, I'll post further news on progress as soon as possible.
  • Isaiah SaundersIsaiah Saunders Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    Leaving businesses paralysed without access to their finances at this crucial time of year is unbelievable.  This is precisely why effectively coercing businesses to migrate to the hosted product and leaving them vulnerable to service faults is outrageous.
  • Isaiah SaundersIsaiah Saunders Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    PS: To quote Reckon "We've got you covered over EOFY.. 
    My ****$!
    edited June 2018
    ** UPDATE **

Hi everyone,
    Work on rectifying this issue is still ongoing at this stage, no ETA just yet but I'll update you all on that as soon as one becomes apparent.

The team are currently reviewing a failure evident in the log files related to the service.
    edited June 2018
    Hi Isiah,

I'm really sorry that you're affected by the current issue, its certainly not the experience we want for any of our users at any stage, let alone EOFY. We're working toward putting this right as we speak.
    edited June 2018
    Isiah,
    The post that you've linked to refers to our callback service which is in operation in the weekdays from 9am - 7pm.
  • DebraMDebraM Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2018
    It kicked me out at around 5.20pm and then come up with this black screen ever since, so it didn’t matter that I was logged in
  • Kerrie DiMattiaKerrie DiMattia Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Any closer to a solution guys??

edited June 2018
    Hi Kerrie, Still very much a work in progress at this stage. We're still on this though, and I'll keep you updated Really sorry for the hassle it's causing tonight.
  • Phaedra ReynoldsPhaedra Reynolds Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    I cant believe it, i have payroll calculations i need to put through tonight... not just disappointed, but really concerned. this is just not acceptable.
  • Ian Willy OatesIan Willy Oates Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    Hi I drove 250Km to start a Mate of mine on Reckon Hosting and got to the stage of Data entry and dropped out I’ve had to explain to Him, after 7 years I have never had this problem... so we are sitting here talking Tax but I hope we can continue soo... but no point getting up set its just better its the hosts problem and not in our PC’s... Ian
  • FionaFiona Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2018
    Sorry doesn't cut it! What a joke of all nights!
  • tara mathertara mather Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    This is BS guys! This BS is actually going to cost us money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did EOFY sneak up on you that you can't provide a stable platform... I think not!

I am sure I am not the only one here who's spent this time shopping around for another program!
    edited June 2018
    ** UPDATE **

Hi everyone, I just wanted to check in with you all.

Our teams are still working through the problem at this stage.

I know there is a lot of frustration floating around right now due to this issue and quite understandably so. I'd just like to thank you all for your patience with us so far, I know it's the worst timing for this and again I sincerely apologize for that.

I will post further information as soon as possible.
  • TYSON DEKLEVATYSON DEKLEVA Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2018
    This is honestly f#cked I had my admin in tonight with another company that I will be getting charged from having 4 of there workers which we haven’t Been able to finish all the financial work off due to this bull ****. What a waste of money this accounting soft where is.
  • Matthew CollinsMatthew Collins Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Update please 2.52am on Sunday and still trying to logon
  • Lyn McDonnellLyn McDonnell Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    I know things happen that are out of our control but this is so disappointing again... kicked me out at 5pm yesterday 4:30am now still nothing. Wanted to pay the guys supers so it was all in last year banking and night time is the only time I can reconcile in the quiet.. Never wanted to go online because of this. I wonder how many business"s are frozen it is so inconvenient 
  • DebraDebra Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2018
    Very poor response time in rectifying the problem. Can have a big impact in EOY financials if any business was wanting to pay super before EOFY. There needs to be some sort of retribution for this. Luckily I had my super all paid on the 29th if I hadn't it would of impacted my tax payable by 1000's. I've also been up most of the night hoping Reckon would be up & running, so much work to do. Extremely poor service.
  • Matthew CollinsMatthew Collins Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Any updates yet?? Still waiting to login. (Sunday - sorry family I still have to work as I  couldn't login while you were all sleeping to do my work)
    edited July 2018
    ** UPDATE **

Good morning all,
    Our teams were working late into the night on this problem but unfortunately we have been unable to fix it at this stage.

The team is going to start working on building a new server environment however at this stage I can't say how long that will take to implement, I will keep you updated on progress on that.

I'm very sorry everyone, I understand how much of an impact this issue is having on those affected especially at this time of year.

Thank you all your patience so far everyone.
  • Maureen RyanMaureen Ryan Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2018
    can you give us some idea please - is this two days work, 1./2 a day, two hours you must have some idea so we can plan our days work.
    edited June 2018
    Hi Maureen,
    Unfortunately I don't have an indication on that just yet but I will let you and everyone on the thread know of any ETA's as further work progresses.