Inventory Adjustment Error

Joellen
Joellen Member Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm trying to change the date on an inventory adjustment, but I get the error: 'The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form.' How do I rectify this so that I can change the date? 

Background - this was an adjustment imported from ConnectWise. The one batch from CW was recorded as three adjustments in Reckon. I was able to change the date on one adjustment, but when I try to save the date change on the other two I get this message. 

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to the Reckon Community, Joellen,

One question - when the transaction is imported from ConnectWise does it appear as a standard Reckon Accounts Inventory Adjustment transaction or as a General Journal transaction? 

regards,
    John
  • Joellen
    Joellen Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Hi John, It appears as an inventory adjustment in Reckon. I ended up deleting the two offending batches and making the adjustments required in a new Reckon batch (Adjust Quantity on Hand). So it's all sorted, but I'm still not sure what the issue was. Thanks for your response. 
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Joellen,

Sounds like those adjustments become corrupt, and as they were imported, RAB rebuild could not fix it.  

Next time an inventory adjustment is imported you may want to check your file again to establish that this error was a one off and not a systemic one.  

regards,
    John.