Are you an STP app user? Check out our IMPORTANT announcement CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

time out

PeterPeter Member Posts: 34
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
These system now times out very quickly, this has changed in the last few days. It previously was 2 hours or more.

How can this be extended, this is now very frustrating

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 11,768 Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    Peter,
    Are you referring to being timed out while working in your FILE itself?

The launch page will timeout after a period of time however there should not be any interruptions when you're in the file itself unless there is any interruption in the internet connection.
  • JenniJenni Member Posts: 55
    edited September 2018
    I am also getting a time out and you have to log in all over again. It's been happening since Tuesday 25th. Even when you are in a file.
    edited September 2018
    Jenni,
    Are you connected via Wi-Fi? Is there any difference if you connect directly via ethernet cable?

What is your internet speed like? 

Would be good to rule out any network connectivity aspects that might be contributing to this.
    edited September 2018
    I'm connected directly with ethernet

• Donna PinnellDonna Pinnell Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2018
    I'm also connected directly with internet on NBN. My co worker was having this same problem yesterday, but I was fine. Now I'm having it also.  The page goes black and the error message reads Session has timed out

This is not a message we have ever seen before. We've cleared caches, dumped cookies, checked we have the latest browser version, made sure our OS is up to date, etc.  It can time out if you switch screens for less than a minute to check the information you wanted to type into the Reckon file.  I work in the Reckon system all day, and the file has never timed out before.
  • PeterPeter Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2018
    Hi, Connected via cable, all our users are having the same issue at different times. A window appears saying you have been timed out of the file
  • RoslynRoslyn Member Posts: 117
    edited September 2018
    I am also having the same issue this week.  I did not have this problem of timing out before this week.  It is very annoying.  I am connected to NBN and have had my IT guy have a look at the internet and it is definitely NOT causing the program to time out.  
    Is there anyway this can be (1) extended; or (2) delete the time out period all together.
    Thanks

edited September 2018
    Let me clarify.
    Are you all receiving this below error message?

If yes AND you're using Google Chrome as your browser, please do the following -

There is a setting in Chrome which allows tabs to get automatically discarded from memory when the system memory is low. Discarded tabs are still visible on the tab strip at the top but the key difference is, they get reloaded/refreshed when clicked on. 

Copy and paste this into the address bar in your Chrome browser:
    chrome://flags/#automatic-tab-discarding

Disable this feature and relaunch the browser as prompted. 

Go into Reckon Accounts Hosted, and see if the problem is solved or persists. 

Please be aware since this is a Chrome browser setting and not unique to Reckon Accounts Hosted, any changes made here will affect the browser itself ie. all websites.
    edited September 2018
    No, I am using Chrome and not getting this message. I am getting same box, but the message says  Session has timed out  with an X to close the box, same as your picture.
    edited September 2018
    No, same details as Donna, Chrome and session timed out

• RayRay Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2018
    Mine is also timing out, sometimes in a matter of minutes. Same message as above, only started a week ago. At times I can get back in by closing the message box and clicking login, other times I have to go right through the login procedure with password.
    edited October 2018
    I get the same message as Donna, Error: Session has timed out. I don't even bother logging in now until I need to use Reckon because I'll only need to do it anyway. Extremely frustrating when you leave the screen for a couple of minutes, then have to log back in again.

edited October 2018
    I've been doing some testing on this and can't seem to replicate this error.

Can you please attach a screenshot of the error message and the URL listed on your browser at the time of the error if it occurs again BELOW THIS POST.
    edited October 2018
    Hi Rav, I tried what you suggested above but still having the logging out problem.  It just logged out in 30 mins.  I can't work out how to do a screen shot of the message.  I have tried Ctrl+Alt+PrtScn but it will not paste into this message box.  The screen is black and there is a message box "Session has timed out" in the middle of the screen.  This has only started happening recently.  Another annoying issue with Reckon Hosted ...
    Thanks for your help.

edited October 2018
    The error message is shown as below (it just happened again!):
    edited October 2018
    Donna,
    Prior to receiving the above error message, were you actively using Reckon Accounts Hosted?

If not, roughly how long was the duration of time between your last use and the time of receiving this message?
    edited October 2018
    I use Accounts actively all day.  I had answered the phone, then taken a message outside to someone, switched to Excel to write up the message, then back to Accounts so maybe 5 minutes?
    edited October 2018
    And I just got back from being away for lunch for 45 minutes, but I wasn't timed out and am still not.
    edited October 2018
    I have just got the same screen as Donna, this time 45 mins from last using accounts
    edited October 2018
    Also this time no password was required to get back in, just run through the various login screens
  • RayRay Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2018
    My system also logs out after 5-6 minutes, sometimes. Other times it could be .5 hr, or 1.5hrs. Sometimes I need to log in through all stages, including password, other times just delete that "time out" box and log straight back in to the screen I was last using.
    edited October 2018
    That is the same screen that I get
    edited October 2018
    I just got the exact same screen as Donna, this time I was away from the page for less than 2 minutes. Had to login all over again!

edited October 2018
    I think it is getting worse 15 minutes this time
    edited October 2018
    I agree, it is getting worse ... far more frequent!!
    edited October 2018
    To confirm, this message is not appearing if you're actually ACTIVELY working within Hosted itself ie. entering transactions, creating/sending invoices etc in Reckon Accounts Hosted.. it appears after leaving Hosted for a period of time (sporadic times based on your reports) and then coming back to it. Would that be correct?

How long would you say this has been happening for? ie. when did you first notice this occurring.. a coupe of weeks, months, longer?
    edited October 2018
    First instance for coworker was last Wednesday, and it has been consistent for her since then. My first instance was last Friday. We are accessing the same database at the same time, but are not being logged out at the same times.  It is sporadic with each user.
    edited October 2018
    it has only been happening to us since Tuesday or Wednesday of last week. Happens only when idle, 15 mins plus
    edited October 2018
    and now it has timed me out again, had to reset everything as it advised i was still logged it when i tried to login again.

getting very frustrating
    edited October 2018
    I first noticed it occurring a week or two ago.  Yes, it only happens when left sitting idle for a short period.  Sometimes only a matter of 10 minutes or so, other times a little longer. 
    I have to go through the whole log in process (which is lengthy) including passwords each time this happens to me.
This discussion has been closed.