undelivered emails message

Susan AruchSusan Aruch Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
HI there. Is there any way to get an error message sent when you have sent an email and the address used is not valid? I tested this morning using an email address I know is invalid, so should not have gone anywhere. When I checked the email log, there is nothing to suggest that the email message wasn't sent.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,879 Administrator
    edited August 2019
    Hi Susan,
    Just to clarify, which email log did you check? 

The Mail Client log file?
  • ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    No.
  • ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    What's a email log?
    edited December 2018
    edited December 2018
    We cannot designate the 'From' address as a user generated email address due to DMARC email authentication which is designed to stop spamming and phishing etc.
    DMARC (Domain Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance) is an email-validation system designed to detect and prevent email spoofing by verifying that an inbound email really does come from the domain it says it comes from.

This affects other online software as well so isn't unique to Reckon Accounts Hosted ie. Reckon One, Xero, QuickBooks Online etc all operate in the same way.

We have more info here with steps on ensuring successful delivery of your emails from Reckon Accounts Hosted -
    Customers receiving emails from [email protected] and not from my email address
  • Susan AruchSusan Aruch Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2018
     Yes I look in the QB mail client log, then open up and check the messages as below.
    I sent one to myself to an invalid email address.
    There is nothing to suggest that this email was not delivered.

It would be helpful to receive an error message to alert you if an email has not been sent or bounced.

=================================================
    9:55:14 AM sending...
    mail.From = [email protected]
    mail.To = [email protected]
    mail.CC = 
    mail.Bcc = [email protected]
    mail.Subject = Totalspan Project
    mail.ReplyTo = [email protected]
    mail.Send = AWS SendRawEmail .....
    mail.ReturnPath = [email protected]
    mail.MessageId = 01000167a433cb64-76219b5d-5371-4e64-b97c-5ec9b12cdc38-000000
    10:31:29 AM sending...