STP file has Gross Wages not Adjusted Gross Wages as there is Super Salary Sacrifice. How to repor

Anna Harvey
Anna Harvey Member Posts: 11
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Just commenced STP.  I uploaded the ATP file and checked the file prior to submitting and the Gross Wages is incorrect.  It should be the Adjusted Gross Wages (employee has Super Salary Sacrifice).  How to report the correct Gross Figure? I have not submitted the final file.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Just wondering if maybe you could submit the file and then see how it looks in the portal under Details?  I have a client with Salary Sacrifice employees - I just checked the last STP upload we did and the Gross Wages figure lodged matches the Adjusted Gross in Reckon Payroll reports...  ?
  • Anna Harvey
    edited June 2019
    Linda, I checked the detail when I did the STP upload and it was incorrect.  I haven't submitted it.
    The details show Gross $151,000, Super $14,440 RESC $10,000 PAYG $42,086.  The Gross should be $141,000.  It shows up correctly on the Reckon Payroll Report.

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    hmm.. have you checked your settings for the Salary Sacrifice Item - on the screen called Tax Tracking Type - is this set to Gross Payments?  If not, select Gross Payments and then generate the STP file again and try it...
  • Anna Harvey
    edited June 2019
    Yay....it worked.  Thanks Linda.  Have a great day...
  • Sah
    Sah Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2020
    Hi Linda, I have a similar issue to Anna. My W1 Wages Gross report is incorrect. Am I correct in thinking that you report the Adjusted Gross Wages amount for W1? (employee has SS Super Contribution). How do I print a W1 Wages Gross report that deducts this SS Super Contribution amount?

Some background info: I recently amended this employee with SS super to be set up as tax tracking type 'Gross Payments' and selected 'PAYG Tax' for the Payroll Item. W2 Wages Group tax has reduced accordingly and STP is reporting correctly.

• Linda ABC
    edited August 2020
    Make sure your Gross vs Net is set to Net for the SS item - then your payroll summary report will list the SS deduction and a new total - which is your W1 figure.
  • Sah
    edited August 2020
    Hi Linda, thank you so much for getting back to me. I'm sorry but how/where do I do this?
  • Linda ABC
    edited August 2020
    Open the Salary sacrifice payroll item and click through the screens until you get to the one called Gross vs Net - choose the Net option and save.
  • Sah
    edited August 2020
    In Reckon Accounts Premier I've opened payroll item list and clicked on the SS payroll item and gone through the various screens, none are labelled Gross vs Net. I have: Names used..., Super contribution, Agency for Employee..., tax tracking type, Taxes, Calculate based..., Default rate..., Include payments... and that's it! I'm being a pain, sorry.
  • Linda ABC
    edited August 2020
    ok - the screen I refer to only comes up for a new item - so create a new Sal Sac payroll item - and then after Calculated based... and Default rate... there is a screen called Gross Vs Net - choose NET.
  • Sah
    edited August 2020
    I followed your advice and no screen called Gross Vs Net came up. I also went back and looked at the you tube video: Reckon Accounts Hosted - Create a Super Salary Sacrifice Item, and the screens shown in the video are the same as mine.