Do I have to put in wages to date or can I start fresh in new financial year

narellenarelle Member Posts: 10
edited July 2019 in Single Touch Payroll App

Comments

• Graeme WoodGraeme Wood Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2019
    If you don't want to start using it this financial year you can start with fresh figures from the first payroll in the new financial year.
  • narellenarelle Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2019
    So would I put their start date as 1/7/19?
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,786 Administrator
    edited June 2019
    Hi Narelle,
    The start date that you're seeing in the app for employees refers to the start date of their employment.
    YTD balances restart from the new financial year so if you're going to start from 1 July, you start from that first pay run onward.
  • narellenarelle Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2019
    So do I still need to put in all their wages to date if I start them on 1 July ?
    edited June 2019
    No because this is the new financial year. You won't have any YTD wages as the first pay in July will be your first.
  • JanJan Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2019
    If you put in YTD my understanding no need to give employee payment summaries nor post off payment summary report
  • BeckBeck Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2019
    I entered my employees and also their YTD figures for 2018/19 FY in the App in mid June 2019, but didn't record any payruns in the app in 2018/19 FY. I registered the software with ATO. I am not sure if I still have to send PAYG Payment Summaries to ATO... or whether the ATO has received this info already (via the Reckon App). I checked my mygov ATO online (as I am also an employee) and it doesnt show any info re my employment.
    edited July 2019
    Hi Beck, My understanding on this is if you haven't done any pay runs in 2018/19 you will have to issue your employees Payment Summaries. You then start the new financial year with no YTD figures. Maybe @Rav can confirm.