Welcome to the brand new Reckon Community!

For some tips on getting started check out the 'About Reckon Community' section

STP app loop. Can’t log on

dannidanni Member Posts: 1
Downloaded the STP app, Set up the business, added employees... went to log in again and I can’t! I ‘sign in’, then it tells me to search the business, I do and then it says ‘business already registered please log in’. So I press ‘log in’ and we start the loop all over again... Please help!

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,747 Administrator
    edited July 2019
    Hi Danni,
    The most common explanation of this I've seen in similar situations is due to the app account first being created with a typo in the email address. So now that you're trying to login with your correct email address it won't register the ABN because its already in another account.

What's the ABN you've registered to the app?
    Also, can you confirm that the email address you used on the app is the same email address registered to this Reckon Community account?

If there have been no payruns submitted (I can delete the ABN from the app so that you can register it again correct. If there have been any submissions (successful or not), I won't be able to but first things first, lets check it out.
  • RoseRose Member Posts: 3
    edited July 22
    Hi I have exactly the same problem with the mobile STP software, was set up a few weeks ago with employees, and year to date payroll information. Goes round and round.Wasted a lot of time over weekend, trying to get it to work, and have set up a Reckon Gov Connect, so now confused. If I can't get the STP mobile app up and running again, can you please delete all the information stored in the mobile app and the Gov Connect. Don't believe have submitted any data to ATO - is currently blank. Email used to register is the same as email address for this Community Account.
    edited July 2019
    Rose,
    Is this more about the app opening and loading or is it an issue with your sign-in?
    Also sorry just a tad confused, why did you sign up to the GovConnect service?

What is the ABN you've registered to the app?
  • RoseRose Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Rav, I sign in, select the company, says already registered, select please log in - back to the sign in screen. Re the GovConnect confused myself as well, didn't know what I was doing? ABN is 21077634710 Rose
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rose,
    I've had a look and I can see what's happened.
    When you first registered the ABN to the app, it looks as though you've made a small typo in the email address when you signed up. This is why when you attempt to login to the app now with your correct email address, it can't find your ABN because its already registered to a different app account.

I've deleted the erroneous account now so all you need to do is login to the app with your correct email address and the app will ask you to register the ABN and this time it will work.

I've also deleted the ABN from GovConnect as its not required in this instance.
  • Amelia MorrisonAmelia Morrison Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2019
    Hi Rav
    Can you help me as this is what I think I may have done also - eg entered incorrect email address accidentally or password.  Do you need ABN?
    Thanks (feeling silly) Di
    edited October 2019
    Yes please Di.
    And also can you confirm that the (intended) email address for your app account is the same email address for your Community account.
    edited October 2019
    Yes email address is the same for the App (or should be??? :))

Do I list ABN here?
    Cheers,  Di
    edited October 2019
    I've removed your Reckon Customer ID from the post above. Yes please, I just need the ABN you've registered to the app.
    edited October 2019
    Thanks
    ABN 48976527450
    Appreciate this...
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for that. Yes, there was a small typo in the email address for the app account when it was created.

I've deleted it now so what you need to do is log out of the app if you haven't already and then sign in with your correct email address ie. the one that this Community account is under. The app will ask you to register the ABN, you can go ahead and pop it in & it will go through this time.
    edited October 2019
    ALL GOOD - pay run processed accurately.
    ?THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS.
  • AnnAnn Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    I have the same problem - please help. The ABN is 42120895758

edited October 2019
    Hi Ann,
    This should be sorted now for you. You'll need to logout of the app if you haven't done so already.
    Close the app in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps and then reopen after a couple of minutes.
  • Bronnie VeitchBronnie Veitch Member Posts: 4
    edited May 11
    I am experiencing the same problem, ABN 56 141 578 798 - I cannot sign in to the app
    edited April 22
    Hi Bronnie,
    What is happening specifically when you attempt to login? 
    I've checked out your ABN and the account has been created a little while back and there have been submissions sent as well so just need to clarify whether this is an account issue or app loading issue.
    edited April 22
    Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. I have been submitting reports successfully to the ATO until recently.  I usually log on with my thumb print but it is now asking for my logon details which say it is incorrect.  
    edited April 27
    I am still having issues logging onto the STP App. Please help to reset my password so I can continue to to report to the ATO. Thanks in advance
  • JackJack Member Posts: 3
    edited May 11
    I have the same problem. It used to work fine before, I have used it several times. But today I tried to log into the app again and it asks me to identify my business. So I enter my ABN, it finds my business, tap "Next" and it says that I already have an existing account, please login. So it takes me back to the login screen. I tap Login and I am back to identify my business again. It's an endless loop that does not allow me to login.
  • JacquiJacqui Member Posts: 1
    edited May 11
    Hi Rav,
    I have the same problem on my Iphone App. An endless loop. Please can you assist me. Thanks
  • Mai LeeMai Lee Member Posts: 7
    edited May 11
    I have the same problem. I have tried for 2 days and it’s the same loop. Yes in my case I did register with incorrect address but you fixed it for me. I have already submitted a few runs already. Please help.
    edited May 11
    I think what's happening is that the Login button has somehow become linked to the Registration process. So you tap Login and it goes to Registration instead. That identifies you already have an account so it takes you back to Login or Registration. You tap Login again and end up back in Registration. And so it goes round in an endless loop. I don't know why it changed, but it has.
    edited May 11
    All fixed now. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.