Payroll Premier 19/20 STP Report - no employees shown after one termination

Lillian Chen
Lillian Chen Member Posts: 13
edited August 2019 in Payroll Premier
I terminated one staff member in our last pay run using the wizard before processing pay for the rest of the staff.  Unfortunately only a STP report was created for the terminated staff member and not for the full pay run for everyone else.  I found the STP report for the complete pay run under "Reports" for that pay week but there are no staff details in the report.  Referring to older posts I archived older payruns but this has not helped.  There is mention in similar posts that rebuilding data files from an older payrun may help but not in all cases.  Tech support seems snowed under at the moment...help please.

Comments

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Hi Lillian,

How many active employees are in the company data file?

When was the last successful pay run prior to you processing the termination pay?

Consider making use of the Payroll Recovery Wizard application to assist you in restoring the last known good pay run backup.

Process the pays again first, before performing the termination and confirm whether this has a different result.

Alternatively, you can submit a request for a Reckon Data Service analysis.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Lillian Chen
    edited August 2019
    Hi, There are 19 active employees now.  I used the "Restore Files" function to use the backup from 22 August which was the last successful payrun.  I then processed pays again for payrun 29 August and was able to upload the STP report onto the Reckon portal. Before performing the termination I decided to processed the payrun for 4 August just in case and was also able to upload the generated STP report.  I was unable to email payslips so I exited the program to then try running payroll premier as the administrator.  Unfortunately the data file had reverted back to the old file and so I had to reprocess the payrun for 4 August but this enabled me to email payslips.  When you view pays it all seems perfect but the relevant STP reports do not have any data in them even though they were present before and I have submitted them. I'm not sure which application you are referring to when you mention "Payroll Recovery Wizard application".  Sorry if this all sounds so confusing.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    You mention 'backup from 22 August which was the last successful payrun'.
    Are you referring to August 2018?

If STP data was present before but is now missing, then your file is most likely damaged.

Payroll Premier Recovery is a program that comes with the Payroll Premier software.

We recommend that you submit a request for a Reckon Data Service analysis.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

• Lillian Chen
    edited August 2019
    Oops I meant 22 July 2019. I'll submit a request for a Reckon Data Service analysis today thanks.