“ sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST

Options
Katrina Graham
Katrina Graham Member Posts: 3
edited September 2019 in Reckon One
I’m having trouble for over a week now, keep getting the same error message when trying to connect to the ATO for the first time error message reads “ sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch”. This is the first time doing this so not sure why I get the error. My ABN is 55086621418 email address is rina@adera.com.au. Thanks for your help I have phoned 3 times now to correct the error they say it’s good to go but same error comes up.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Katrina,
    There was an error affecting the registration of your ABN, I've cleared that off now so it should be ok now. What you need to do is login to GovConnect and register your ABN again and it will go through as normal.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Katrina Graham
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Rav,  Still the same issue, I have all my payruns ready to go but just can't lodge them with the ATO hopefully gets sorted soon as this is the last day to submit.

Thanks Rav
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Katrina,
    I've fixed this up again but before you go ahead again, I just want to check off something.

Are you sending a pay run through from Reckon One to GovConnect (ie. Send to GovConnect) before actually setting up the STP entity in GovConnect itself?

Just checking this because you need to go through the process of setting up the STP entity first before you send a pay run through from Reckon One or you'll continue to have trouble.

Its super easy to set up your GovConnect service and takes just a few minutes. We've got a full guide here on how to do it along with the full video webinar as well which I'll link below.

SETTING UP GOVCONNECT FOR SINGLE TOUCH PAYROLL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfchhzz2Zzc

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Katrina Graham
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Rav,  Thankyou for all the info you provided, I had already done what you had suggested but thanks for checking.  The issue is now sorted, I am not getting the error message anymore and have successfully uploaded my payruns to the government.  Thanks again Rav have a great day