How can I change the company details and ABN within the STP app?

TonyTony Member Posts: 9
Hello, I've just found out that I made a mistake when I first set up the STP app. What I've done is put my company details and ABN number in instead of the Family Trust details and ABN. So far I've lodged 13 pay runs with the app, is there any way I could transfer/change the company details within the app?

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,894 Administrator
    edited November 2019
    Hi Tony,
    No you can't change this from within the app but let me take a look at a few things.

First up, can you let me know the ABN you've currently registered to the app.
    Also, can you confirm the email address for your app account is the same email address registered to this Community account.

Have any of the submissions been successful? If not, can you advise the error message you've received for the submissions.

Thanks
  • TonyTony Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2019
    Hello Rav, Yes, all 13 submissions have been successful.
    The company name is Oberers Transport Pty Ltd. ABN 98 111 179 590
    The Email, user name is [email protected]
    Thanks, Tony.
    edited October 2019
    Hello Rav, Have you had any luck with working out my problem? Thanks, Tony.
    edited October 2019
    Hey Tony,
    Yep I have, but unfortunately its not something I can do myself due to the sent submissions. I'll need to get our app team to take a look at how we can remove this ABN from your account.

One requirement before the team can initiate any action though is written & signed consent sent to us. It will need to contain your full name, incorrect ABN registered to the app, app account email address and a brief description of what has happened ie. essentially what you've outlined in your opening post that you've registered the incorrect ABN & sent submissions etc.

If you can shoot that through to me at [email protected] and let me know when you've done that I'll get the ball rolling.
    edited October 2019
    Hello Rav, I will get onto that tonight and send it through to you. I'll also let you know through here when it's done. Thank you, Tony.
    edited October 2019
    Hello Rav, Just letting you know that I have emailed the consent letter that you requested. Sorry, was unable to get to it last night as promised. Thanks, Tony Oberer.
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Tony, got it and have sent the details through to the app devs.
    I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.
    edited October 2019
    Hi Tony,
    Just getting back to you on this.

The app devs have just come back to me to advise the incorrect ABN has been removed from your app account.
    You will need to log out of the app in full and then close the app ie. swipe it away from your running apps.

Log back in after a couple of minutes and the app will ask you to register an ABN again to go through setup.
    edited October 2019
    Hello Rav, I have done what you have advised and it has let me log back in and I have successfully been able to register the right company name and ABN. The employee details are gone and I'll have to re-enter them, that's no problem. But the 13 pay runs that I had already submitted before are gone, my question is, do I have to re-enter and submit those pay runs in the app or just carry on from the last pay run that I submitted? Thanks, Tony.
    edited October 2019
    Hey Tony,
    What I'd recommend is to enter the YTD balances as they are to date currently when the app asks you to do so, and then start your first pay run from the next one coming up.
    edited October 2019
    Hello Rav, No worries. Thank you very much for all the help. Have done the YTD and notified the ATO with the new software ID. I have just submitted a pay run with the new company details and it was approved within 5 minutes, so once again, thank you. Kind Regards, Tony.
    edited October 2019
    Good stuff Tony, great to hear
    edited June 2020
    Hello Rav, This is a follow on to the above problem that I had previously. Our accountant has informed us that the 13 pay runs that were lodged under Oberers Transport before we changed it to Oberers Family Trust are still showing at the ATO and it needs to be transferred to Oberers Family Trust. The ATO have said that they can't make the changes and it needs to be done by the software provider. From memory, I entered the YTD at the time when I restarted using the app for Oberers Family Trust. Can you help please? Kind Regards, Tony Oberer.
    edited June 2020
    Hi Tony,
    Unfortunately, ee cannot transfer submissions from one entity to another. From what I understand of the backend processes, there are a lot of controls & security in this area and the transfer of data is not possible.
    In saying all that, there have been previous users who have been in a similar position who have advised the ATO have 'cancelled or zeroed' the totals under the incorrect ABN.

I know there's a bit of conflicting info there and I don't mean to give you the runaround but are you able to recheck this with the ATO?
    edited June 2020
    Hello Rav, Thank you for your quick reply, I have double checked and I did enter the YTD figures when I restarted using the app with the correct ABN. So all I need to do then, is contact the ATO and advise them to cancel/zero out the amount for the incorrect ABN to fix the problem. Regards, Tony.