Changed ABN

OssieOssie Member Posts: 9

Hi team.  Since setting up the Reckon app, there has been a death that has led to the ABN and TFN changing.  I haven't submitted anything yet but I am unable to edit the ABN details within the app.  The previous company was Pendlesdie ABN 98577350429.  Can I email you with the new ABN to fix this?  Regards, Os

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,782 Administrator
    edited October 2019
    Hi Os,
    I'm really sorry for missing your post here and I can certainly help you out with this.

I've gone ahead and deleted the ABN from your app account. What you need to do now is logout of the app if you haven't already and then close the app in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps.

Log back in after a couple of minutes and the app will ask you to go through setup of the company again ie. register the ABN etc.
  • OssieOssie Member Posts: 9
    edited July 20
    Thank you Rav - much appreciated.  The problem now is that I can't seem to get back in to the app.  The image I have loaded below illustrates my experience.  I'm probably doing something silly, but your guidance would be much appreciated
    edited October 2019
    No problem Ossie. Ok so the cause of this is actually in the first image in your screenshot. See how the 'Forgot Password' option has been squished on top of the 'Continue' button, so when you tap the button to proceed after login its actually taking you to the portal screen to reset your password.
    What you need to do is after entering your email address & password on the app login screen, tap the 'Go' button on your iPhone keyboard rather than the on-screen 'Continue' button. It should do the trick and get back into the app account.
    edited July 20
    Thanks again for your original help, which allowed me to get everything working. But something has gone awry since my initial loading sim November and the dec payroll. After trying to login to the app it proceeds to the screen to choose the relevant abn. Which I do, but it then tells me that the account is already setup and suggests I login. I cannot work out how to cut through this interminable loop. The image attached is the one that sends me back to the beginning. Thanks in advance and seasons greetings. image
    edited July 20
    Actually, ignore my last post sorry. I have found an alternative login that allowed me to proceed. Cheers. Os
    edited July 20
    Hello again reckon. Once again, I need to change the ABN on my account (this is the last step in transitioning through a deceased estate). From previous experience referred above, I need you to delete the existing ABN 89387400653, and then I need to logout and login and register the new ABN/email address. Can you please confirm that is correct, and if so can you please delete the current ABN? Kind regards. Os.
    edited July 20
    In addition to my last question from earlier today, I have just realised my EOFY is outstanding. Is it likely to be an issue switching to a new ABN before the old one is completed? Furthermore, I can’t make sense of any of the numbers appearing in the default EOFY report - they don’t align to the monthly submissions and I am struggling to find an explanation of how to amend the defaults. Please advise how I fix this. Regards. Os.
    edited July 13
    Hi Ossie, good to hear from you again.
    Ok, I've had a look at ABN 89387400653 it looks like there have been submissions sent to the ATO under this one so I'm not able to delete it outright like I was with the previous ABN in the opening post. The difference here is that the first ABN had no submissions sent to the ATO so I was able to remove it entirely whereas 89387400653 has.

In saying that, lets tackle the points you've made in your follow up post. Are the submissions made for 89387400653 correct in the sense that, should they have been sent to the ATO for the ABN? Secondly, if that's the case then yes it sounds like you'll need to finalise the EOFY reporting for it.
    Furthermore, I can’t make sense of any of the numbers appearing in the default EOFY report - they don’t align to the monthly submissions and I am struggling to find an explanation of how to amend the defaults.
    Ok, now in regard to your point above, hopefully I can provide some context here.
    The Pay Summary section in the app shows an accumulated total of ALL balances sent to the ATO regardless of the status of that submission ie. Success, Error, Pending etc PLUS any YTD paid balance that was entered when an employee was set up in the app. Because of this, the balances can get out of sync with what they need to be in particular when a submission may return an Error status.?
    My recommendation to you first would be to update to the latest version of the app, v.1.13.3 which has been updated with a more fuller breakdown of your figures, in particular to show any YTD paid balance that was entered initially which the app wouldn't show previously.
    edited July 22
    Many thanks Rav. I thiNk I understand why the default total for the full year is incorrect now. There was an error early in the year so that must be getting counted. So how do I fix it? I’ve got the updated app but I can’t see any way of amending the EOFY numbers. Perhaps it is an issue that my December submission is still showing as Pending? Kind regards and thanks again. Ossie
    edited July 13
    Ok so to fix this here's what I'd recommend you do;

Tap on the EOFY Report 2019/20 option and go through the employee balances shown on-screen to verify they are correct.
    If they aren't correct which you've already mentioned they aren't, then you need to go out of there and create an update event in the app (formerly known as an adjustment) for each required employee and make their figures correct. Ensure that your update event is dated in the previous financial year, you can use 30 June 2020.

For example, if you see Employee A's Pay Summary figure as $40,000 gross pay whereas in reality it should be $35,000.00 then the update event you create for Employee A will be -$5000.00 gross pay.

Once you have done the necessary corrections, go back into the EOFY 2019/20 report and you will notice the figures are now correct there. 
    Send through the EOFY finalisation. When you do, the EOFY Report will OVERWRITE any and all balances that the ATO received PRIOR to that.
    This way you know that you're sending through the full & final correct YTD figures for each employee.

The EOFY process is outlined in this help guide as well -
    End of Financial Year finalisation using the STP app
    edited July 20
    Rav, thanks again for your clear and concise guidance.  I have done as you instructed and it appears to have gone smoothly.  I now need to return to my original challenge...replacing the old ABN that I used in FY20 with a new ABN for the year commencing 1 July 2020.  Now that I have submitted by EOFY report, and it appears to have bene approved by the ATO, I am hoping that you can delete the old ABN for STP purposes and allow me to load a new one.  Is that possible, and how should I go about that?  Many thanks.  Ossie
    edited July 21
    Good to hear you've got that part of it sorted Ossie.

Now in regard to deleting the ABN, I'm really sorry but I'm not able to delete it due to the submissions sent. We're required to retain all submissions that have been sent to the ATO.

In saying that, if you're at the stage where you need to setup a new ABN into the app to start sending submissions then my recommendation would be to create a new account on the app so you can register the new ABN to it.
    It will require its own email address which must be separate to the one used for the account above.
    edited July 22
    ok, thanks Rav.  I will try that.  Many thanks for your help.