How to perform a data file rebuild in Reckon Accounts Business (Desktop)
As part of a data file maintenance routine, you may need to use the Rebuild Data function.
1. Click on the menu sequence, File > Utilities > Rebuild data
Click the OK button when you see either one of these dialog windows
2. In the Save Backup to... window, the default folder location will be the last folder you saved a backup to.
There you can set the name which will be given to the pre-rebuild backup file. For example, you can set it to "Backup before rebuild - My Company Name.QBB" or any readily understandable name you choose.
You can also add the current date to the file name if you prefer. Example: "Backup before rebuild 01-10-2020 - My Company Name.QBB"
Once done, click the Save button.
ℹ️ Note: If the backup is being placed on the same hard disk drive as the one which contains the company data file, you will see the following message.
Choose Use this Location as the default choice.
You can later copy the backup file to the secondary storage location or external storage device.
6. When the rebuild Working dialog window is displayed do not click the screen in order not to trigger the "Not responding..." message.
7. Once the rebuild has completed, click the OK button on the dialog window as shown below.
8. The errors which have been fixed will be listed in the QBWIN.log file. Locate the QBWIN.LOG file and view it to see what errors have been fixed - How do I find the QBWIN.LOG (error log) in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
9. Perform a Verify Data operation to confirm whether no further errors are present - DATA RECOVERY: How to perform a data file verification (Verify Data) in Reckon Accounts business range (Desktop)
Reckon Data Recovery Team
- All Categories
- 6.7K Accounts Hosted
- 5.9K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 3.2K Reckon One
- 144 Reckon Payroll Upgrade for Reckon One 🚀
- 10 Reckon Invoices App
- 928 Reckon Payroll App & Web
- 12 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 18 Reckon Mate App
- 14 Reckon Insights
- 107 Reckon API
- 946 Payroll Premier
- 115 Payroll Premier upgrade to Reckon Payroll ⤴️
- 325 Point of Sale
- 1.9K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 68 About Reckon Community