Error Code 14528 02434

Serena
Serena Member Posts: 2
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am using Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2019 (desktop version) and have encountered with error code 14528 02434 since last week. The system shuts down whenever I tried to print or email tax invoices. All other forms (statements/pay slips/etc) work fine, except for tax invoices.

I have done the following, but with no luck:
1. Back up with no verification
2. Verify data, but no error message
3. Rebuild data

What else could I do to fix this issue?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2020
    Hi Serena,
    It sounds like there is a corrupt invoice that is leading to this error. Does this appear when you attempt to print or email a specific invoice or any/all?
    It might be best to give our technical support team a buzz when you've got a moment and we'll get a technician to take a look into this for you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• keezzadmin
    keezzadmin Member Posts: 3

Same problem here. Crashes on any company file when I try to print an invoice.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@keezzadmin

My first recommendation would be to try a different data file so that it can be confirmed if the issue is specific to that company file or if it affects ALL files. Either open the sample file or create a new test file and enter a new invoice for testing purposes. Then try to print it and also send via email.

Do you receive the same issue?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• keezzadmin

Thank you Rav - as mentioned this problem happens with any and every invoice on every company file.

I tried creating a new company, but got the same error at the end of the process (file did get created however)

I tried printing an invoice from the sample company but got the same error.

This is on a new installation on a new Windows 10 machine. The program works fine on my old machine. I used the same link to install on the new machine as I had used to upgrade on the old machine.

• keezzadmin

OK I uninstalled (with some trouble) and then reinstalled and it seems ok now. ("Have you tried turning it off and then on again?" lol)

• Rav

The 'ol turn it off and on again trick strikes again 😆

I was actually just having a chat with our Data Recovery team about your case. The next suggestion would have been to perform a clean uninstall & reinstall particularly when you are logged in as a Windows user with Administrator level access.

But glad that its sorted.