Reckon Accounts Premier 2019 - Create Invoices at PDF V1.4 or above

Options
Ben Marshall
Ben Marshall Member Posts: 2
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hey All,

Running: Reckon Accounts Premier 2019 and Reckon Accounts V5 PDF Converter

Came across an issue where one of our clients automatically actions invoices. They use OCR software that scans the invoice and automatically populates their system.

Unfortunately to do this, the Invoices need to be a PDF v1.4 or above. During my testing all invoices Reckon Accounts Premier 2019 creates are v1.3. Is there anyway to change default behavior to create PDF's to version 1.4 or above?

Have current work around of Print to PDF then manually attach, however would like to be able to send as per normal.

Appreciate any one's feedback or thoughts.

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi Marshall
    I am curious why cant the pdf come directly as pdf from their supplier they should be able to send or print to pdf straight .
    cosmicbills will convert any pdf does not matter what version it is .
    let me know if you wish to discuss 
    Chandra 0407068942

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Ben Marshall
    Ben Marshall Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi Chandra,

Client is sending Invoice from Reckon to their end customer to a central invoice email address. The end customer's PDF scanning software specifically states that PDF has been rejected to version and that the email is deleted. The end customer refuses to accept invoices other than through the invoice email address.

To me, it is definitely a limitation on the end customers processes/software. Unfortunately don't have any control over that environment, so trying to find best resolution.

• cosmic
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yes, the end customers PDF/OCR  app has limitation I think , I like to know more on the other side love to get a call from you

Cosmic Accounting Group

• cosmic
    edited January 2020
    Options
    What was your view Kevin

Cosmic Accounting Group