Reckon App abends

David BryantDavid Bryant Member Posts: 4
edited August 28 in Single Touch Payroll App

First time user. I find my ABN, then the app abends.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited March 17
    Hi David,
    This is strange that its occurring straight after attempting to select the ABN.
    Can you let me know the ABN you are trying to register.

Also, is the email address for your app account the same one linked to this Reckon Community account?

I'll try to see if everything is looking ok on our end in terms of the account setup.
  • David BryantDavid Bryant Member Posts: 4
    edited March 18
    Rav, the ABN is 86154893660
    I find my business. It is the next step where the app fails.
    The app email address is [email protected]
    edited March 18
    Thanks for getting back to me David.
    I've had a look at this just now and I believe the issue is likely caused by the ABN previously being registered on our GovConnect service. GovConnect is the STP service used in conjunction with full fledged Reckon accounting software.

To confirm, do you use any Reckon accounting software or are you solely looking to use the free micro-business (1-4 employees) STP app?

If you need the app then I'll go ahead and delete the previous registration in GovConnect but I'll wait to hear from you before doing so.
    edited March 18
    Rav. You are right. I initially headed down the path of using GovConnect and then discovered my Reckon productr didn't support this. I then went the mobile route. Can you delete the GocConnect.
    edited March 18
    Thanks David.
    I've gone ahead and deleted the previous ABN registration now. I've also had to delete the previous account that was setup under your email address.
    So what you'll need to do now is close the app in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps. Open it back up after a couple of minutes and then create a NEW account on the app and go through setup.

Let me know if you still have any trouble.

Cheers
  • ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
    edited August 28
    I havent heard the word abend since about 1996. Good job. When did you work with IBM?
    edited August 28
    You are right. I joined in 1979 for 21 years. Just cant shake these old habits.
  • ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
    edited August 28
    That's amusing. Do you still have the blue suit?