will the reckon STP APP be updated and enabled for JobKeeper functionality ?

MaryMary Member Posts: 9
edited August 28 in Single Touch Payroll App

Comments

• sharynsharyn Member Posts: 15
    edited April 20
    I want to know this too
  • Angela FosterAngela Foster Member Posts: 5
    edited April 21
    I would like to know also.  Thank you

• Vicki Garrad-ScrineVicki Garrad-Scrine Member Posts: 3
    edited April 21
    I would like to know this as well,Thanks,
  • reneerenee Member Posts: 65
    edited April 21
    I don’t know if it would have to be would it? Wouldn’t you just enter the amounts as normal? It’s the business portal where you nominate who is getting the JK not STP?
    edited April 21
    Yes it’s not about nominating staff more so to make sure when it’s submitted to ATO it’s recorded & seen as JOB KEEPER payments not just regular Gross wages
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,928 Administrator
    edited May 8
    Hi all,
    Please see our official documentation on JobKeeper payments with the STP app (microbusiness 1-4 employees) which has just been published -
    Reckon STP Mobile JobKeeper Guide
    edited April 22
    Thankyou It’s a pain we have to still log into business portal each month (4th May and each month after) I thought it would be automatically applied by sending STP to ATO. In the paid payrol software is it still Required to log into portal each month?
  • Megan JeffsMegan Jeffs Member Posts: 1
    edited April 27
    I have looked at the Reckon STP JobKeeper Guide.  As far as I am concerned by all information received by our accountant - this will not be recognized by the Government.  The allowances need to be labeled specifically JOBKEEPER-TOPUP  and JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 OR whichever fortnight the employee started their jobkeeper payment.  You need to be able to report .01 cents in against the jobkeeper start allowance - balanced off by increasing the PAYG amount by .01 cents to make the pay balanced.  We will have to find an alternative way of reporting our STP.

edited April 24
    Hi Megan,
    Please refer to the 'Defining eligible employees' section in the guide. Yes you will need to specify eligible employees and the period in which they became eligible via the ATO Business Portal once it becomes available in early May,
    edited April 24
    Rav i really dont think the STP reckon guide gives enough answers. I have 4 staff eligible for JK. Havent been able to give them any work over this past month but can still give them the JK. Entering on STP is it $1500 written in Gross, $192 written in tax for each 4 staff? Total for this payrun $6000 Gross, $768 Tax??????? Next week we resume to work so some will be worked & some will be topup. How does this get entered in the app? There is tax but the guide doesnt show this
  • Liss KlemkeLiss Klemke Member Posts: 1
    edited April 27
    I don't believe Reckon has as the Megan wrote the ability to flag the individual employees as receiving JobKeeper from FN-01.  Also the allowance for top-up needs to be defined as 'Other' allowance - is this assumed?
  • Jacinta TaylorJacinta Taylor Member Posts: 2
    edited April 29
    The way I read the guide is that if you are using the free stp reckon app you don't have the job keeper functionality but if you pay and upgrade to reckon one or reckon payroll you get it. Nice way to cash in on a crisis guys . i would love to be wrong. 
    edited May 8
    Yep, you're incorrect Jacinta.
    While the app doesn't have the ability to 'name' the JobKeeper item like our other payroll software, eligible JobKeeper employees will be defined through the ATO Business Portal once it becomes available to do so in early May. 

This is an alternative and completely compliant & accepted method as outlined by the ATO. I'd recommend taking another look at the guide.
  • Jacinta TaylorJacinta Taylor Member Posts: 2
    edited April 29
    yes but basically what you're saying is we have to use the ATO portal on the 4th of May like everyone else who doesn't use or have STP as opposed to having the ability to put in job keeper as a payment method like the other paid software options you offer.

i just think you guys can do better. i think you guys should help take the pressure off the system as a whole by offering job keeper as a named item in the free app just because its the right thing to do. 

• melmel Member Posts: 42
    edited April 29
    so am i correct in saying, we now have to migrate to the new reckon single touch payroll and pay the $10 a month fee i only have one employee and i feel this should be done in an updated version of the free app when i only have to use it fir one employee!!

edited May 8
    Yes that’s right if using free STP app just verify your job keeper payments on 4th May via business portal instead to confirm payments with ATO.
    edited April 29
    No you don't Mel.
    The new Payroll app is a completely separate and optional app that you can choose to migrate to if you need a bit more functionality than what the free app provides, specifically around the payroll side of things.

If you don't need or want any of that, then you're fine to stay where you are and keep using the free STP app.
  • melmel Member Posts: 42
    edited May 8
    thanks rav but how do notify that the employee is eligible for jobkeeper payments?
    edited April 30
    Eligible employees will be marked through the ATO Business Portal from May 4 when it becomes available to do so.
    Check out the guide for STP App JobKeeper payments below -
    Reckon STP App JobKeeper Guide
  • Peter AwitPeter Awit Member Posts: 1
    edited April 30
    Thanks Rav.  I have appreciated this information greatly as I too, have only one employee and I use the free STP app.  I enrolled in the Reckon webinar yesterday and unfortunately they didn't give any information regarding the free STP app and jobkeeper like you have done today.  
    edited April 30
    Can anyone tell me if the free STP app is an enabled payroll software? Does it or does it not offer JobKeeper functionality. If it doesn’t (which is fine ) then we must do the manual way on the business portal. I think if we all knew this? I think this is where people are getting confused? if I could just get a yes or a no???
  • Lesley ScottLesley Scott Member Posts: 2
    edited May 8
    8/5/20 I entered in free app payroll wages for 3 employees which included allowance for Jobkeeper top up but on the PAY RUN SUMMARY screen the allowances I entered are lot listed. I did not continue to declaration
  • lisalisa Member Posts: 11
    edited May 8
    I have uploaded the STP payroll app but it says I’m already registered and need another branch code Won’t work so I’m stuck using the free app with no jobkeeper functionality Tried to ring recon they said they offer no support for either the free or paid app image