finalisation declaration

Melanie EyresMelanie Eyres Member Posts: 4
edited June 25 in Single Touch Payroll App
How do I create a finalisation declaration in the Reckon STP free app? We only used the app for three months - so the final payment was made in September 2019. (We started a different structure in October and no longer have employees.) I received an email from the ATO today saying we need one but I can't see in the app anything about this.

Comments

• Melanie EyresMelanie Eyres Member Posts: 4
    edited June 20
    In case anyone else searches and sees this question, I have worked the answer out myself. The free STP Reckon does not have the functionality to run the finalisation so you will need to lodge this manually using https://www.ato.gov.au/uploadedFiles/Content/MEI/downloads/3447-02.2014_PAYG%20payment%20summary%20s...

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 542 ✭✭
    edited June 19
    Hi Melanie, I don't think that information is quite right.  Reckon will be releasing more information about finalising the STP App next week I believe.
    edited June 19
    Thanks Robyn - are you talking about the free Reckon STP app? This was the advice from a tax accountant and the ATO. If Reckon add the functionality that would be good as it seems silly to need to send a paper form in!
  • Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 343
    edited June 20
    Melanie, Before submitting pay run App asks whether pay run is final pay run for the year. A successful final pay run will change income statement status to ‘tax ready’. I have already finalised employees income statements for this financial year. In your case I guess the pay run in September 2019 had not been marked as final in the App. Try a -$1 gross wage adjustment, then a $1 gross wage final pay run. Also ask employee to check status of myGov income statement. If this works you do not need to prepare paper payment summary.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 542 ✭✭
    edited June 21
    Yes @Melanie, I am.  Watch the Community for further information very early this week I would suspect as Rav should post something for the Free STP App.  I would still reconcile all information available prior to submitting that it all reconciles.
    edited June 25
    Thanks Robyn - I see the app has been updated today and has the option to click for finalisation. Surprising there has been no communication from Reckon about it - I just happened across the update as I was waiting for advice and hadn't received any. Nevertheless - good to have it sorted now! Thanks again