Free STP app error declined by ATO

sjwsjw Member Posts: 6
edited August 28 in Single Touch Payroll App
During the year one of my pay runs was declined by ATO. Reason was invalid dates.  I was unable to adjust this so eventually I created a new pay run with the correct dates and that was successful.  Problem is I still have the pay run that is in error and can't delete it.  Any ideas or help greatly appreciated. I seem to be suffering the same issue as others with totals that don't match actuals. The above problem is most likely part of this other issue.

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 545 ✭✭
    edited June 26
  • sjwsjw Member Posts: 6
    edited July 6
    Thanks for the reply Robyn,

Two things still an issue.

1. Still unable to delete the Pay Run that is error.  I can live with it staying there if needed but how do you delete it?
    2. Most importantly, I tried to create and Adjustment to correct the totals for an employee whose totals are more than the actuals.  The only onscreen keyboard that comes up on my tablet does not have a minus sign (for that matter a decimal point either).  Therefore, I cannot enter a negative value.  I tried entering the value by copying and pasting but it won't stay there saying it is an invalid number. 
    My App version is 1.13.1 on a Samsung tablet

Please help
    edited July 6

edited July 8
    Thanks for the reply Robyn,

Two things still an issue.

1. Still unable to delete the Pay Run that is error.  I can live with it staying there if needed but how do you delete it?
    2. Most importantly, I tried to create and Adjustment to correct the totals for an employee whose totals are more than the actuals.  The only onscreen keyboard that comes up on my tablet does not have a minus sign (for that matter a decimal point either).  Therefore, I cannot enter a negative value.  I tried entering the value by copying and pasting but it won't stay there saying it is an invalid number. 
    My App version is 1.13.1 on a Samsung tablet

Please help
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited July 8
    Hi SJW,

Submissions that have been sent to the ATO, regardless of their result, cannot be deleted. We're required to retain all submissions that have been sent. Draft submissions on the hand, can be deleted as they haven't been sent.

In regard to your keyboard, are you using some additional type of feature/function with your keyboard? It looks like its a floating/hover function is active? If so, are you able to go into your tablet settings and confirm if just the normal keyboard function is in place. Alternatively, are you able to drag the keyboard using that small black tab just above the keyboard to bring it to the bottom of the screen so it expands back to normal?
    The reason I ask is, if you're having trouble entering a negative into the field to follow the info in this article -
    I cant enter a negative amount in the STP app
    edited August 3
    Thanks Rav,

Still no luck with the keyboard.  It is floating but doesn't dock or change when dragged to any of the edges.  A check of settings didn't reveal any clues it is just a standard Samsung keyboard.  The keyboard that comes up on screen is different for each different task but there seems to be no control over which keyboard. The article you pointed me to wasn't applicable as, as stated in the original problem post, the keyboard doesn't even have a decimal point!

I know the ATO has the correct figures matching my actuals so if I submit the EOFY Report with incorrect figures what will happen?
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 545 ✭✭
    edited July 8
    Can you try downloading the app to your phone instead of the tablet?  I think the keyboard will be different then.
  • Mark BarnardMark Barnard Member Posts: 1
    edited August 3
    "I know the ATO has the correct figures matching my actuals so if I submit the EOFY Report with incorrect figures what will happen?"

i have the same problem. Has a solution been found?
    edited August 3
    Not sure about a solution but I do know my figures at the ATO (looking through the business portal), after submitting an adjustment and EOFY report, are still correct. It seems to be an issue with the App that needs addressing - something for Reckon to look at.  The Adjustment meant the EOFY report had the correct figures.  The adjustment didn't seem to alter the figures held by the ATO ???? At the end of the day, ATO has correct totals.
    For those interested, my issue with the keyboard was due to an older device that couldn't update to a newer (supported) version of the Android Operating System. Loading onto a newer updated device solved the keyboard issue.