STP App summary does not match up to actual pay run lodged

E H Lee & Co Pty LtdE H Lee & Co Pty Ltd Member Posts: 19
edited July 1 in Single Touch Payroll App
Hi everyone, I am currently trying to help my client finalise her EOFY STP reporting through the STP app but have found out the following issues:
  • 3 of the employees have had identical pay runs lodged throughout the year (i.e. from 01/07/2019 to 30/06/2020). But the pay summary for each of the 3 employees are different and inaccurate. This information is also showing on the staff's myGov account. I tried generating the EOFY report for FY20 but that has the same issue.
  • Another staff who was added mid year also experienced the same issue, higher gross pay compared to what was lodged.
Can anyone tell me what is the fix for this?

From what I have gathered from the other posts, do I just lodge an amendment so that the pay summary figures matches the pay runs lodged? That seems to be the only 'solution' that was mentioned.

Cheers,
Adrian

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,928 Administrator
    edited July 1
    Hi Adrian,
    The first thing I'd recommend you do is update to v1.13.0 of the STP app which contains the new EOFY finalisation function (if you haven't already).

Secondly, something to keep in mind is, the Pay Summary section in the app is not a live figure with what the ATO has for your employee(s). Rather, its an accumulation of all submissions regardless of their status ie. Success, Error, Pending etc and also any YTD balances entered for the employee when you first set them up.

What I'd recommend you do is this;
    Check the balances for each of your employees in the EOFY 2019/20 report and review the balances listed on the report.

If they are incorrect, which it sounds like they are, then head out of the EOFY report and create an adjustment in the app for the required employees to bring their figures in line with what they should be in reality.

Once you've done that, go back into the EOFY Report, check the balances again, they should be correct now that you've made your adjustments. Once all correct, send through the EOFY finalisation report.

The reason I'm getting you to adjust your figures prior to sending through the EOFY Report is because the EOFY finalisation will OVERWRITE anything that the ATO has currently. This means that once your figures are correct in the app for your EOFY finalisation then the ATO will also receive these figures as the full & final report for the year and will overrule anything that came before it.

There's a more detailed guide in our guide below -
    End of Financial Year finalisation with the STP app
  • E H Lee & Co Pty LtdE H Lee & Co Pty Ltd Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2
    Hi Rav,

Thanks for the swift reply. I will proceed with your suggestion.

Cheers,
    Adrian