IMPORTANT STP App UPDATE v1.13.1 - Balances being allocated to incorrect FY

RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,866 Administrator
edited September 7 in Single Touch Payroll App
Hi everyone,

The free STP app has received an update to v1.13.1 which brings in an important update.

This update brings in an important fix to address the following issues -
  • The STP app was incorrectly using the date the pay run is submitted to determine what financial year the balances for the submission falls in rather than the pay date which it should have been doing instead.
  • The STP app was incorrectly considering an employee to have 'moved' to the new 2020/21 financial year based on when their personal details updated eg. address, start date, end date etc and rather than when their YTD balances are updated via a submission.
If you haven't sent your final submissions for the 2019/20 yet, I'd highly recommend updating to v1.13.1 or higher first before proceeding with your EOFY finalisations.

RECKON STP APP - GOOGLE PLAY

RECKON STP APP - iOS APP STORE

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,866 Administrator
    edited July 16
    FURTHER INFO:

I HAVE INCORRECT BALANCES IN THE 20/21 PAY SUMMARY, WHAT DO I DO TO FIX THIS?

If you have balances in the 2020/21 financial year when there obviously shouldn't be, you need to do the following;
    • Create an update event dated 1 July 2020 to cancel out the total figures shown in the 20/21 Pay Summary.
    For example if you see $1000.00 gross pay, $200.00 tax in the 20/21 FY which you know isn't correct, create an update event in the app (Pay Run screen > New Update Event) for the opposite of these figures ie. -$1000.00 gross pay, -$200.00 tax etc
    This will effectively 'cancel out' the figures in the 20/21 Pay Summary and bring it back to zero.

I STILL NEED TO SUBMIT FOR THE 2019/20 FY, HOW DO I DO THIS?
    If you have remaining submissions for the 2019/20 financial year still to submit, please perform the necessary correction as outlined above to remove any incorrect balance that is appearing in the 20/21 financial year. Ensure you update to v1.13.1 or higher and then send through any remaining submissions you have for the 2019/20 financial year.

I ALREADY HAVE INCORRECT BALANCES SHOWING IN THE 20/21 FY, WILL THE UPDATE SORT THIS FOR ME?
    Unfortunately not, if you already have incorrect balances appearing in the 2020/21 financial year, you will need to complete an update event outlined above to clear these figures from the employee's Pay Summary.
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,866 Administrator
    edited July 16
    More info on how to create and use Update Events here -
    HELP GUIDE: How do I update or correct the YTD balances for employees in the STP app?