Issues with "Error" Pay Runs and EFY Totals.

harrispeharrispe Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Reckon Payroll App

I am using the free Recon
STP app for two employees.

• I have a number of “Error” Pay runs, due to an error in the TFN Number,
  • I can not delete these,
  • When I create an Adjustment then this creates a new “Done” entry, but the "Error" entry stays,
  • I cannot find any assistance with this issue on your help.
  • The “Error” Pay runs that seem to be included in the EFY totals which are incorrect.

How do I delete these “Error” Pay runs to get the EFY correct?

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,278 Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Hi Harrispe,
    That's correct you can't delete submissions that have already been submitted and returned an error.
    The 'Pay Summary' section in the STP app does not show a 'live' figure of what the ATO has on their end. Rather, it shows an accumulated total of ALL submissions regardless of their status ie. Success, Error, Pending etc PLUS that was entered for the employee when they were first set up. Due to this, it can become out of sync with what your figures should be in reality.

So to correct the balances that are appearing in the 'Pay Summary' section of the app you need to create an adjustment.

If you're at the stage where you need to submit your EOFY 2019/20 finalisation, what I'd recommend are the steps below -

Ensure you are updated to the latest version of the app, v1.13.1 or higher.

Tap on the EOFY Report 2019/20 option and go through the employee balances shown on-screen to verify they are correct.
    If they aren't correct (which you're already confirmed they aren't), then you need to go out of there and create an adjustment in the app for each required employee and make their figures correct. Ensure that your adjustment is dated in the previous financial year, you can use 30 June 2020.

For example, if you see Employee A's Pay Summary figure as $40,000 gross pay whereas in reality it should be $35,000.00 then the adjustment you create for Employee A will be -$5000.00 gross pay.

Basically, what you need to do is ensure that the figures you see for each employee in the EOFY Finalisation Report is correct to what they should be in reality.
    The reason I say this is, when you send through the EOFY finalisation report the figures you see in the report will go through and overwrite the current figures that the ATO have. This way you know that the numbers are right, provided that you've corrected them by performing the necessary adjustments.

There's a more detailed guide on this in our EOFY finalisation guide here -
    End of Financial Year finalisation using the STP app
  • swakhlu01 .swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2020
    Hello Rav- can you please repond to my post for Reckon Payroll App issues with Superannuation Totals in Summary and EOFY report. I tried calling Reckon support yesterday and explained the whole situation. They were going to confirm behaviour and put an update on FAQ. Have not seen anything yet.