Payroll Premier - Pay period dates wrong on STP

Libby
Libby Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Payroll Premier

Hi,
I have used Payroll Premier for many years, currently on 20/21 and this problem has really thrown me.
First up, I am not sure if I have missed an update, maybe??
I do Pays for 2 different companies and 1 is nearly ok but the other is showing wrong pay period dates in employees Income Statements in their MyGov accounts.
Payslips are printing with correct dates for both companies, the problem is with the STP reporting only.
When checking back through the STP report files (notepad) that I save their are random dates every where. We pay Thursday to Wednesday and pay Thursday's. Some are showing Friday to Wednesday and all other combinations.
Anyone else having the same problems.
I do not want this to affect our employees tax returns or any other problems?
This could be a huge fix??
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP???

Comments

• Libby
    edited July 2020

I would really like SOMEONE to help me with this problem, please?
  • Tanya Briggs
    Tanya Briggs Accredited Partner Posts: 75 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Just a basic rule that you may already know - my apologies if you do - but the date paid rather that the date range you are paying for is the important date for STP and payroll reporting.  So if you pay on Thursday for a Tuesday to Wednesday pay period, Thursday would be the date used on the STP report. 

• Libby
    edited July 2020
    Hi Tanya, thank you for replying. At least some one did! Yes the "'Date Paid" is the most important date. Reckon Support gave me an answer to my question that I have a "bug" in PP the Payslip dates are fine but the STP export "Notepad" file that goes to GovConnect shows 1 day different in the Pay Start Date. Date Paid and Pay End date are fine. We only have a 6 day week apparently??
    Could take a month or 2 to fix?

• Libby
    edited July 2020
    Hi all,
    Has anyone else experienced this date problem with the STP Exported file?
    So the Payslips are fine but the STP export report shows different Pay Start Dates?
    The Pay End date and Date Paid are correct.