EOFY Finalisation problem

James KenworthyJames Kenworthy Member Posts: 4
edited July 31 in Single Touch Payroll App
Using free STP app for Android v1.13.5. When trying to correct a previous double post using an update event, I get an error message 'YTD total can't be negative', despite the negative correction being less than the balance shown. Over a year we employ the occasional 1-3 persons for a day or so at a time. This has resulted in a total of 5 employees to report at year's end. 3 others have been corrected successfully, and an EOFY report for 4 employees sent to the ATO. I did manage to fat finger a 2021 EOFY report but deleted it before it was sent. Can't think why this is happening, or what to do about it. Trust you can help.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited July 27
    Hi James,
    Just to confirm, you're trying to correct a balance in the 2019/20 financial year correct?
    If so, can you let me know the date you have entered for the update event. It should be set to 30 June 2020 if you're correcting a balance in the 19/20 financial year. 

Also, could you post a screenshot of the message you're getting on-screen.
  • James KenworthyJames Kenworthy Member Posts: 4
    edited July 31
    Yes, the update event was set for 30th June 2020 for a balance earned during that year. The balances are double the true amounts as it was submitted to the ATO twice, hence the need for anegative amounts on the update event. Other eployee balances were corrected without a problem. image
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited July 28
    Thanks James and cheers for the screenshot. I can see the update event has a date of 29 June 2020 so that is good. Now for this particular employee, if you check their 'Pay Summary' balance for the 2019/20 financial year, do they show a gross pay balance higher than the $396.00 that you're looking to reduce it by?
    edited July 28
    To check balances I go to EOFY report 2019/2020 and I get the four employees with the correct balances, as sent to the ATO, this employee does not show up at all. If I go to employees, he's there.
    edited July 31
    All sorted. I figured if a negative entry was banned because it gave a negative result, the balance must already be zero which meant I had managed to do the correction twice previously. So re-entered the correct balances which then gave me a five employee report which was sent to the ATO andf accepted by them. Phew!