Is there a way to adjust tax on pay run

Julie PotockiJulie Potocki Member Posts: 6
edited August 3 in Single Touch Payroll App
Free STP iPhone app

Comments

• PlatinumPlatinum Member Posts: 75
    edited July 29
    Intriguing question ... simple answer is yes ... but you’d need to give more details so an expert can give guidance
  • Julie PotockiJulie Potocki Member Posts: 6
    edited August 3
    Rather than use tax tables we do tax withholding at 35%
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited August 3
    Hi Julie,
    The free STP app is only a reporting tool to submit the balances you have paid your specific employees to the ATO as part of STP compliance. Its not a payroll app whereby it calculates tax, or anything else for that matter. 
    edited August 3
    Hi Rav. Thanks for your help. I only want the free app for reporting as I have a payroll program that unfortunaely doesn't support STP. In my reporting on the fee app do you know how i can change the tax. When i enter the gross amount, it automatically calculates tax and I haven't been able to work out how to manually override the amount.
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited August 3
    Hi Julie,
    Sorry but can I just confirm that you are using the free Reckon STP app or are you using the (paid) Reckon Payroll app?

The reason I ask is, the free app shouldn't (and won't) automatically calculate or enter figures into any fields (including tax) after you enter a balance in the gross pay field. I've just tested this on my own app account as well.
    It sounds like you might be using something other than the free app. Can you confirm for me?
    edited August 3
    Not sure. I thought I downloaded the free app. the icon on my phone has Payroll under the icon. It has the first three pay runs are free.when i am in it
    edited August 3
    I have gone back into the app store and have now downloaded the blue icon. Hopefully this will work.