Hi Rav I need to submit my final report but still have no resolution to my lost data abn 30205225831

Scott EinesScott Eines Member Posts: 34
edited September 8 in Single Touch Payroll App
Lost Data

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited July 31
    Hi Scott,
    Can you give me some more info on what's happening? Specifically what data is lost?
  • Scott EinesScott Eines Member Posts: 34
    edited August 29
    Hi Rav back in May when the app was a problem with face recognition I was unable to login like quite a few others. I then attempted a password reset which took me a blank data version so I had to reregister under a Branch 2 with the ATO and have been submitting that way since 9 may. However there is no data from July 19 to apr 20 which was under Branch 1. I have been advised by the ATO that I need to zero all the amounts in Branch 2 some how recovery Branch and add all the entries from Branch 2 and then call the ATO to block double entries if any. Not sure how to proceed
    edited August 2
    Right ok, cheers for that.
    So to confirm, the actual branch number for your ABN in reality is branch 1 correct but can you only view/access branch 2 in the app at the moment correct?

I've had a look at your ABN on our end and there have been a few submissions sent under branch 2 and yes, as you've mentioned above, these need to be brought back to zero.
    To do that, you need to create an update event in the app with a total negative balance to offset the balances.
    For example, lets say employee John Smith has had a total gross pay balance of $8000.00, $500.00 tax & $200.00 super sent under branch 2.
    The update event you create for this specific employee will be the opposite of this ie. -$8000.00 gross pay, -$500.00 tax and -$200.00 super.

Ensure that you date your update event 30 June 2020 so that the update event corrects the balance for the 2019/20 financial year.

There's more info on how to use an update event here -
    HELP GUIDE: How do I update my employee balances in the STP app?

?After this is done, I'm going to have to speak to our app devs to look at getting the access back to your branch 1.

?Let me know how you get on with correcting the balances and then we'll go from there.
    edited August 4
    Hi Rav thanks. Happy to zero out the branch 2 info but would like to do it shortly before having access to branch 1 as I still need to submit payroll runs. If I have a definite answer on returning to branch 1 then I can zero out branch 2.
    edited August 4
    Checking into it Scott. Let me come back to you with some info.
    edited August 5
    Hi Scott,
    I've got confirmation for you.
    What is required is that you bring your total balance under branch 2 to zero using an update event.
    Once you have done that, you need to let me know so that we can make a change on our end so that you regain access to your previous branch 1 registration. 
    edited August 6
    Ok will do that Monday our time
    edited August 10
    Hi Rav when I zero out amounts in branch 2 by an update event do I do a single update for each employee and put the date of the update or do I split the financial years and do two update events that zero out all the numbers in branch 2
    edited August 10
    That is do I do an update event for 19/20 year by dating the update 30/6/20 Per employee and then another update for all amounts from 1/7/20 to the present per employee.
    edited August 11
    That is do I do an update event for 19/20 year by dating the update 30/6/20 Per employee and then another update for all amounts from 1/7/20 to the present per employee.
    Yes, this right here. Create a single update event dated 30 June 2020, include each employee in it and then add in a total negative balance for that specific employee to bring their balances to zero.

You'll do the second update event for 1 July 2020 to the present amounts per employee after we change the branch back to 1.
    edited August 11
    Ok thanks just to clarify I will do one update equal to the total amounts per employee up to 30/6/20 in the negative so as to zero all amounts for 19/20 in branch 2 and the deal with amounts from 1/7/20 to the present after recovering branch 1 that is do nothing for amounts post 1/7/20 until branch 1 is recovered
    edited August 11
    Exactly right Scott.
    If you haven't already, I would recommend that you update to the current version of the STP app v1.13.5 as it provides you a fuller breakdown of the employee balances so it might make it easier for you to determine how much you need to enter in your negative update event.
    edited August 11
    Ok thanks will do
    edited August 11
    Hi Rav I believe I have the latest version but will double check. Once I zero out the 19/20 amounts will I be able to re-enter them individually in Branch 1 rather than having to re-enter them as totals and the same applying for post. 1/7/20 entries
    edited August 13
    Hi Rav did you see my last post above
    edited August 13
    Hi Scott, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
    Once we get you back to Branch 1 if you'd rather enter in individual submissions rather than just update event then you can, our recommendation though is to create one update event so that you're not waiting for several submissions to be processed but ultimately the choice is yours. The end goal is to just get your employee balances to where they need to be at this point in time after branch 2 has been zeroed.

Let me know when you've zeroed the full balances under branch 2 and I'll ask our team to start work on getting branch 1 restored.
    edited August 14
    Ok I will zero the balances tomorrow morning and advise accordingly
    edited August 15
    Hi Rav I have submitted an updated event that has zeroed all the amounts for employees in Branch 2 up to 30/6/20
    edited August 16
    Great work Scott. Let me get in touch with my devs to get the branch changed over. 
    edited August 17
    Ok Thanks
    edited August 17
    Now Branch 1 will contain all my historical info as before?
    edited August 17
    Yes it will, all the info up to the point back in May when access to it went astray will still be in there.
    edited August 17
    Ok thanks wait to hear from you
    edited August 19
    Hi Rav have the Dev team as you put made any progress
    edited August 20
    I haven't heard from them yet sorry Scott but let me give them push on it.
    edited August 24
    Hi Rav I need a resolution to my issue ASAP as I have until this week to lodge the final report for year ending 30/6/20 for STP reporting
    edited August 25
    Totally understand Scott, I'm pushing the team on getting this one done for you. Its not exactly straightforward from what I understand but I'll let you know as soon as I get the word from the devs.
    edited August 26
    Hi Rav I tried setting up another account with different login details but now the app is looping. I need to resolve this issue by Close of Business today otherwise I will be fined for late lodgement. I want to setup another account and lodge June 20 financial year reporting with totals and the just add totals for 21 fin year and continue on that way.
    edited August 26
    Hi Rav I have retrieved access to branch 2
    edited August 26
    Hi Scott,
    You need access to branch 1 though correct?
    I completely understand your urgency however I'd recommend that you don't create new accounts/registrations etc. The issue isn't at your end but more related to the database. Can you confirm where you've got to so far in the new account you created? Did you send any new submissions etc