How to edit end of financial year (2019/2020) report. The total gross pay and total tax is twice as

Fiona TongFiona Tong Member Posts: 2
edited August 5 in Single Touch Payroll App
How to edit end of financial year (2019/2020) report. 

The total gross pay and total tax is twice as much as it should be for my employee.

Comments

• Fiona TongFiona Tong Member Posts: 2
    edited August 4
    Thank you for trying to help but this didn’t help me at all.
    I click on end of financial year (2019/2020) report and I can’t change the total gross pay and superannuation because those two are double of what I’m supposed to pay.
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,906 Administrator
    edited August 4
    Hi Fiona,
    Herbert is on the right track. You can't change the figures straight out of the report but what you can do is create an update event which amends/corrects the current figures you have by following the details in the article Herbert has linked to above.

So for example, if you see Employee A's Pay Summary figure as $40,000 gross pay whereas in reality it should be $35,000.00 then the update event you create for Employee A will be -$5000.00 gross pay.
    Ensure that you date your update event is dated 30 June 2020 or earlier so that the update event is amending a balance in the previous FY.
  • Shellharbour HealthShellharbour Health Member Posts: 11
    edited August 4
    Hi Rav. I have a similar problem. I submitted my declaration for 1920 without knowing there were issues with the app. We checked manually after and the gross pay and witheld are incorrect. How do I resubmit the declaration? Many thanks
    edited August 4
    Hi there,
    This is really easy, after you've amended the 2019/20 balances using the update event outlined in the article linked above then you simply need to create another EOFY 2019/20 report from within the app & send it through.
    Any previous balances will be overwritten by the new EOFY report.

More info here -
    HELP GUIDE: End of Financial Year finalisation with the STP app
    edited August 5
    The pay runs are all correct though. There is no event to update. Just the app is not calculating the annual gross pay and witheld correctly for the period ?? I read the article. There is no option to update EOFY reporting ? Please let me know exactly what I am updating .
  • Paula FogartyPaula Fogarty Member Posts: 2
    edited August 5
    I have had the same problem with the app. The updated software did not allow me to put in a subtraction sign for any amendment. The EOFY totals were in some cases double what they should have been. Is this a failure of the software? It sure seems like it, given the number of complaints from users.
    edited August 5
    Yes it appears to be unreliable. How can my issue be fixed Rav and when will the app be reliable ? A fairly basic requirement. 

Thanks 
  • Matthew TaylorMatthew Taylor Member Posts: 3
    edited August 5
    i have also had the same problem, it reported error we corrected it and now the eof tax returns are all wrong how do i correct this? i have called the ato and they say it cannot be fixed from there end. :(
    edited August 5
    I've pasted some info below that I posted elsewhere in the Community on the process I'd recommend you follow to finalise your EOFY 2019/20 using the STP app.

--------------------
    The 'Pay Summary' section in the STP app does not show a 'live' figure of what the ATO has on their end. Rather, it shows an accumulated total of ALL submissions regardless of their status ie. Success, Error, Pending etc PLUS any YTD pay balance that was entered for the employee when they were first set up. Due to this, it can become out of sync with what your figures should be.

If you're at the stage where you need to send through your EOFY finalisation here's what I'd recommend you do. First make sure you're on the latest version of the STP app if you aren't already, currently v1.13.5 (check your app store for any available updates).

Tap on the EOFY Report 2019/20 option and go through the employee balances shown on-screen to verify they are correct.

If they aren't correct, then you need to go out of there and create an update event in the app for each required employee and make their figures correct.
    Ensure that your update event is dated in the previous financial year, you can use 30 June 2020.

For example, if you see Employee A's Pay Summary figure as $40,000 gross pay whereas in reality it should be $35,000.00 then the update event you create for Employee A will be -$5000.00 gross pay.

More info on using an Update Event to correct your balances here -
    HELP GUIDE: How do I update my YTD balances in the STP app?

Basically, what you need to do is ensure that the figures you see for each employee in the EOFY Finalisation Report is correct to what they should be in reality.

The reason I say this is, when you send through the EOFY finalisation report the figures you see in the report will go through and overwrite the current figures that the ATO have. This way you know that the numbers are right, provided the necessary corrections have been made.

See more info here - End of Financial Year finalisation using the STP app