Gross Payments in uploaded STP file for Jobkeeper

Anne Marie QuinnAnne Marie Quinn Member Posts: 4
edited August 7 in Other Reckon Products
I am using the payroll in Reckon Accounts Plus 2020.

1st fortnightly pay  of 20/21 the Gross Pay contained the JK top up. The allowance with JK all fine.
2nd fortnightly pay ONLY the Gross Pay was reported and the JK top up was in the allowances WHY DID THE REPORTING CHANGE?
This fortnight I only see this fortnights gross pay (NOT THE TO DATE GROSS PAY). 
What is going on with the programme?

As usual you cannot get through to anyone at Reckon. To avoid being in breach I will just have to report what the programme gives me and speak to the ATO at the end of the year.

How can this be rectified?

Comments

• Acctd4Acctd4 Accredited Partner Posts: 895 ✭✭
    edited August 5

Hi Anne Marie

What dates are the 2 payments? 

This is what determines which FY they fall into eg if you process a Pay dated 30/06/20, that will be reported in the 2020 FY (regardless of what pay period it relates to) however any Pays dated from 01/07/20 onwards will fall into the 2021 FY.

If your Payroll Items are setup correctly, any JK “Topup” should NOT be showing as part of Gross Pay, it should be setup/showing separately as an Allowance.

Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

Reckon Accredited Professional Partner Bookkeeper / Registered BAS Agent (No: 92314 015)

Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

[email protected]

www.accounted4bs.com

Reckon Accredited Professional Partner Bookkeeper / Registered BAS Agent (No: 92314 015)

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

[email protected]

https://www.accounted4bs.com/

• Anne Marie QuinnAnne Marie Quinn Member Posts: 4
    edited August 7
    Thank you very much for your response Shaz. Unfortunately your solution does not apply in this instance. It seems that it is the calculation of Gross Pay that is the problem. It calculates as follows:
    Gross salary to date (TD)plus Jobkeeper Top Up (TD) Less salary sacrifice contribution (TD) then DEDUCT answer from the Jobkeeper Top Up (TD) to provide the Gross Pay in STP. The gross income will be wrong for tax purposes at the end of the year. Fortunately it only applies to one employee. 
    I have tried to get through to Reckon again but no luck. Any other help would be appreciated.
    Preparing wages for a few employees was quicker  a few years ago using pen and paper then uploading a CSV file. It may not have been so secure but more accurate! -:)

Just FYI The last pay date of the 2019/2020 year was f/e 26/6/2020.
  • Acctd4Acctd4 Accredited Partner Posts: 895 ✭✭
    edited August 7

Hi Anne Marie

From what I can gather in your example, it is actually correct however, I’d recommend just checking that your JK AND SS Payroll Items are both correctly configured for STP: 

• Double-click on the JK Topup Addition & click through the windows to make sure it is mapped to “Allowances – Other” under Tax Tracking Type.
    • The SS one should be setup as “Salary Sacrifice (SS)” for Super Contribution & should be mapped to “Gross Payments” under Tax Tracking Type.

Generate, Modify & Memorise a YTD Payroll Summary – I have 2 .... 1 reflecting "per Pay Run" columns & 1 "per Employee". 

You should be cross-checking the one "per Pay Run" against your uploaded STP file figures EVERY TIME to ensure your submissions are consistent & correct.

The amounts reflected for STP should match with your Payroll Summary components as follows:

STP “Gross Pay” = RA “Adjusted Gross Pay” amount (This is Gross Pay LESS any SS Deduction amounts)

STP “Allowances” = RA “JOBKEEPER-TOPUP” Addition (+ any other applicable Allowances)

STP ”RESC” = RA “Salary Sacrifice” Super amount (This is the deducted amount from Gross Pay reflected)

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

[email protected]

www.accounted4bs.com

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

[email protected]

https://www.accounted4bs.com/

• Anne Marie QuinnAnne Marie Quinn Member Posts: 4
    edited August 10
    I always use the payroll report to check the fortnightly pays to the STP upload prior to submission. 

The pay items are correctly set up. 

Thank you for all your help Shaz. I appreciate your feedback.