Changing business entity

Marcus GMarcus G Member Posts: 3
edited August 5 in Single Touch Payroll App
Rav - Our business has changed from a "Partnership" to a "Company as Trustee of a Trust". How do I go about changing this over in the app? I will want to use the same email address. Will I end up going with the ACN of the company or do I need to use the ABN of the trust? (I'm using the Android app)

Comments

• PlatinumPlatinum Member Posts: 75
    edited August 5
    One of your questions “Will I end up going with the ACN of the company or do I need to use the ABN of the trust?” is one for your accountant. Depends which entity you will be doing your BAS and business tax return and financials under. Wage/salary Payments to employees and ultimately their payment summaries also need to be from that entity. It’s a business decision, not one about STP app usage. Will leave it to Rav to advise about the changeover in the App, once you know what to change to.
  • Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 342
    edited August 5
    I think it will be ABN of the trust. The old partnership is a different entity. Just create a new App account using trust ABN and a different email address.
  • PlatinumPlatinum Member Posts: 75
    edited August 5
    The partnership entity is out of the picture Joseph, it’s a question between the 2 new entities now, the trust or the trustee company. Still confirm with accountant Marcus.