End of year double up error

Dominic VerschuureDominic Verschuure Member Posts: 5
edited August 19 in Single Touch Payroll App
How did you resolve issue where 2018/2019 year totals are showing in 2019/2020 year totals. After putting negative adjustment event to correct at 30June2020 , the totals have not changed. Please advise.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited August 11
    Hi Dominic,
    Which version of the STP app are you using? Have you updated to the current version v1.13.5? (check your app store for updates)

There's info on this in the post I've linked below -
    IMPORTANT STP App UPDATE v1.13.1 - Balances being allocated to incorrect FY

Its resolved in one of the previous updates to the app however if its already occurred then the update event method outlined in that post is the method to resolve but would be keen to see what's happening or happened for you.

• Dominic VerschuureDominic Verschuure Member Posts: 5
    edited August 13
    I'm running the latest version 1.13.5
    edited August 19
    The new event adjustment procedure outlines in the community did not work
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited August 14
    Can you give me more info on the process you went through when you created the update event.
    What are your figures and what did you enter into the update event? Also, what DATE did you enter into the update event when you attempted to correct the figures?
    edited August 19
    Apologies to all for not replying earlier. With the stp program error , it used my 2018/2019 year figures as year to date figures in 2019/2020year. I put update event adjustment to 3 staff to negate this dated 30June2020. It was approved by ATO but did not change totals for 2 of 3 persons and ATO figures didnot reflect the approved adjustment. I some how , dont ask how , was able to do new update event dated 30June2019year to reverse the 2019yr totals. It corrected the front totals on the eofy report but details behind through all my current year stp into small amounts or negatives as didnt allocate to the year to date amounts. The event adjustment had errored out. I also did the 30june2019 individually for 2 employees not as one adjustment for a number as group adjustments not working with this program for me. The event adjustment errored out but it however fixed up the totals for the declaration. Ive submitted the declaration. I checked with ATO and they now have corrected totals. Took hours on phone with ATO & stress trying to sort out. Not sure why reckon doesnt want to look after program for more than 1yr. I prefer mobile version as i do wages/salaries whilst travelling and don't necessarily have my laptop with me. Very simple good app if didnt have these eoy problems and better phone support and program error issues corrected.