Staff no longer employed by me

Tina BearsbyTina Bearsby Member Posts: 4
edited August 14 in Single Touch Payroll App
I want to remove staff members from my STP free app as I no longer pay them a wage . I have tried numerous times to delete their name and info , but every time I do so it comes up with : Unexpected error lodged for investigation Can anyone help with this ? Thank you

Comments

• Tanya BriggsTanya Briggs Member Posts: 81
    edited August 13
    I think you have to enter a release date (ie the date they finished working for you).  You may not be able to delete them completely once you have submitted a STP file for them.  I don't use the app, so I can't be more specific, but I thought I had seen these suggestions to previous questions.

• Tina BearsbyTina Bearsby Member Posts: 4
    edited August 14
    Hi Tanya . Thanks. I have entered the date that they ceased working for me but it doesn’t allow me to delete them from the app. They finished in the last financial year but can not be removed and I’m unsure why ?
  • Acctd4Acctd4 Accredited Partner Posts: 936 ✭✭✭
    edited August 14

Hi Tina

I don’t have much to do with the free STP App however - as Tanya pointed out - it’s unlikely you would be able to delete them if you have already reported STP submissions for them.  This is an ATO requirement for Audit Trail purpose & would apply to all compliant STP reporting products.

You may be able to make them inactive though …?  

Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

Reckon Accredited Professional Partner Bookkeeper / Registered BAS Agent (No: 92314 015)

Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

[email protected]

www.accounted4bs.com

Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

Reckon Accredited Partner (AP) Bookkeeper * Regd BAS Agent (No: 92314 015) *

ICB-Certified Bookkeeper * Seasonal Tax Consultant since 2003

Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

[email protected]

https://www.accounted4bs.com/