Incorrect totals on payment summary 19/20 and 20/21

STEVE MASTOSSTEVE MASTOS Member Posts: 19
edited August 14 in Single Touch Payroll App
Hi my employee has checked on their mygov account and it states that their $89,489 which is not correct. the correct amount is $47430. I'm thinking of doing an event update but I'm confused as to what to enter. 19/20 on reckon pay summary is listed as $0 yet for 20/21 it's listed as $94000. I started reckon STP on 3/7/19 and this $94,000 must also include 17/18. Can someone please help as to how to sort this out

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited August 14
    Hi Steve,
    First thing, which version of the STP app are you using? Can you please ensure you are on the latest version v1.13.5 (check your app store for any available updates).

From what you've described my initial observations are that your scenario could be related to this previous issue - 
    IMPORTANT STP App UPDATE v1.13.1 - Balances being allocated to incorrect FY

With that said, I think there's likely a need to do at least a couple of update events to get the balances back on track. I'll link to a help guide below which outlines how to use the update event option - 
    HELP GUIDE: How do I update my employee balances in the STP app?

To clarify, the figures you see in the app for FY 20/21 are incorrect at the moment as well yes?
  • STEVE MASTOSSTEVE MASTOS Member Posts: 19
    edited August 14
    Hi Rav, yes I'm using the latest update and the total for 20/21 is incorrect it shows a pay summary of $94,000 which would be a combination of 18/19, 19/20 and current year. I'm just confused when doing updates what totals to put in 
    edited August 14
    Hi Rav are you still there
    edited August 14
    Hi Rav, my confusion is in when doing an event update say for 19/20 which the pay summary states as 0 should I put the income for the full year 19/20 and use the event date of 30/6/20. Then does the same apply to rectify 20/21 use today's date and put in what should be the pay summary for this year. Also what do I do about 18/19 that doesn't appear on any pay summary but seems to be carried over and added onto other years. I have this problem with 2 employees. Please I need help on this as I have 2 employees eager to do their returns.The help guide link you sent doesn't seem to cover these issues. 
    Thanks Steve
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited August 14
    My recommendation to you is to first tackle the current 20/21 financial year.
    If the app is showing $94,000 gross pay for an employee in the app for the current year then create an update event in the app dated with today's date and then enter a negative figure that you need to adjust that balance by.
    So for example, if its showing $94,000 but in reality it should be $50,000 gross pay then enter -$44,000 gross pay in the update event for that employee.

If you're 2019/20 pay summary in the app is showing $0.00 then create an update event dated 30 June 2020 and enter in the ACTUAL total balance that each employee should have against them. I believe you mentioned that should be $47,430 gross pay from your first post. Once you have added the correct balances in for the 2019/20 financial year via an update event then you need to perform another EOFY report for this employee.
    Doing another EOFY will overwrite and replace the previous balance that has been sent to the ATO.
    edited August 14
    Hi Rav, thanks
    edited August 14
    Hi Rav, I did the one no problem thanks, the employee seems to sit as a draft, I've done it twice now but still comes back as a draft
    edited August 14
    Hi Rav, with the second employee she has 0 balance for 20/21 which is correct. The balance however for 19/20 on pay summary was originally about $11,000, I did an event update to correct to an amount of $3000 for 19/20 but it didn't correct it added onto the existing balance. I then tried again and again and it kept adding the $3000 onto the balance for 19/20 and is now $20000. How do I correct this to bring it back to $3000 for 19/20