STP App Network error, Network request failed

Anita JohnstonAnita Johnston Member Posts: 3
edited August 19 in Single Touch Payroll App

I have just installed the free ATP app and been trying to set it up.  When I put in an email & password to get started it keeps coming up with an error "Network error, Network request failed".

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but still have the same issue. Also I have tried both Wifi & mobile data and in more than one location.  I notice there is one post similar but it doesn't really offer any help either.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited August 16
    HI Anita,
    Are you using the Android or iOS version of the STP app?
    Which phone/device are you using and which version of OS does it have? (You'll find it in your device settings menu).

Have you previously had an account on the STP app or is this the very first time you're registering?
  • Anita JohnstonAnita Johnston Member Posts: 3
    edited August 17
    Good morning Ray,
    I am using the Android version - Samsung S7, model SM-G930F, version 8.0.0.
    If you need more details, please let me know.
    This is the very first time I'm registering.

• Eric MurphyEric Murphy Member Posts: 121
    edited August 17
    Try clearing your app data before trying to register your account again. It wasn't this problem but a separate login issue for me where doing so resolved it
  • Anita JohnstonAnita Johnston Member Posts: 3
    edited August 17
    I have tried clearing both app data and cache, but unfortunately it still hasn't solved the issue for me.
    Thank you anyway - appreciate you offering the suggestion.
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited August 17
    Hi Anita,
    Can I get a screenshot of the error message and I'll ask our app devs for some insight on what is causing this.

Can I just confirm, are you entering in a password with a special character in it? If so, can I ask you to try again without it and confirm if it allows you to proceed. The reason I ask is, I believe the app does not support special characters in the credential field yet.

Also, I just want to check and see if anything has happened on our end in terms of the account creation step you were on. Is the email address you were using to register the same one that has been used to create this Community account?