URGENT: STP final pay run

JoyceJoyce Member Posts: 3
edited August 20 in Single Touch Payroll App
We have submitted the June month pay run (which was only one month payroll) sometime in July and ticked the box saying this is the last pay run for the 2019/2020 financial year. We now found that the record sent through from ATO to each employee's mygov account is displaying that one month payroll as the whole year payroll as tax ready.

Additionally, the company's external accountant has submitted a STP finalization report for the company through another software.

As a result, each employee's mygov account now has two "tax ready" payroll records (one annual payroll record submitted by the accountant through another software, which is correct, and the other is what I submitted through Reckon for June month payroll, which is wrongly taken as the whole year payroll by ATO). I have contacted ATO, who has advised me to contact the software provider for a fix as it may be more efficient.   

Can anyone help? It is urgent as the employees cannot do their tax return until it is fixed. Thank you very much in advance! 

Comments

• Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 343
    edited August 20
    Suggest you submit negative update event from Reckon STP App to reduce myGov income statement figures to zero. That would make income statements “not tax ready “. As such those income statements would not be used for tax. How come more than one party are authorized for STP lodgment for the same period?
  • JoyceJoyce Member Posts: 3
    edited August 20
    The accounting for the new financial year was passed on to another person and as such when setting up for the new financial year, the new accounting system requires inputs for the previous financial year, which was passed on to ATO as the new accounting system is automatically linked to ATO. 

What baffles me is why Reckon is only displaying one month statement instead of annual total amounts in ATO. I can do a negative update event from Reckon to offset the one month statement displayed in myGov, however, it is confusing as to what happens to the STP statements for the other 11 months? 

Also, another confusing thing is the software is displaying one month statement in each employee's payment summary for July while we have not entered any data for July. 
  • Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 343
    edited August 20
    An old version of the App had a bug that put 19/20 figures into 20/21. It was corrected soon afterwards in July 2020. New accounting system does not imply automatic STP lodgment authority. ATO requires STP lodgment authority to be given in writing.
  • JoyceJoyce Member Posts: 3
    edited August 20
    Thank you very much for explaining this. 

I have called ATO again, and this time, they suggested me to do an adjustment event. As initially in the myGov account, I can only see one month amount (displayed as tax ready) from Reckon, I did an "0" adjustment event for the June pay run. Surprisingly, the adjustment managed to offset that one month and the 11 months total appeared from nowhere and is displayed as "not tax ready".  I assume that solve the issue? Anyway, thank you very much for your replies. And for others who may also encounter the issue, this might be the solution.