Update Event reducing to NIL.

Kay WilliamsKay Williams Accredited Partner Posts: 8
edited September 2 in Single Touch Payroll App
Update Event reducing to NIL. I have to reverse lodged STP figures, reducing all to nil. Creating an update event, app doesn't want to log negative figures, how do I do this??

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,906 Administrator
    edited August 27
    Hi there Kay,
    Are you looking to reduce figures belonging to the previous 2019/20 financial year back to zero or the current year?
    Which version of the STP app are you using? Please ensure you are on the latest version; v.1.13.5

To amend figures in the previous 2019/20 year, please ensure you have entered a date in the previous FY for your update event eg. 30 June 2020.

More detailed info on how to use the update event feature to amend figures here -
    HELP GUIDE: How do I update my employee balances in the STP app?

?What is happening when you attempt to enter a negative balance in the update event? Are you running into a specific error message?
  • Kay WilliamsKay Williams Accredited Partner Posts: 8
    edited September 2
    Hi Rav, thanks for attending to this post.  Client changed from free app April 20 to gov connect STP & lodged a negative STP to nil out that failed, now duplicated figures in my.gov.  Yes am on latest release, when entering negative figures in the update event which I dated after last STP lodgement 30/4/20, when entering negative ytd figures in the update event receive an error msg stating "YTD total can't be negative" please check and update your update event amount.  
    Rav, should I be lodgeing the update event as nil??
    edited August 27
    Hi Kay,
    Can you do me a favour and open a new EOFY 2019/20 report in the app (blue + symbol > New End of Financial Year 2019/20 report) and confirm for me if there is any balances showing for the employees for this year.

Rav, should I be lodgeing the update event as nil??
    If there are balances showing in the 2019/20 pay summary for the employees in the app then the update event needs to include an actual negative balance to bring it back to zero eg. if Employee John Smith displays $4000 gross pay for the 19/20 year, then the update event needs to be -$4000.00 gross pay for the same employee etc.

Let me know what is appearing in the app for the 19/20 year.
    edited August 28
    Hi Kay, were you able to get this one sorted?
  • Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 342
    edited August 29
    Kay, Your client does not have to do anything to the income statement created by the free app. An income statement that is not ‘tax ready’ would not be used for tax.
  • li Heli He Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2
    Hi Kay, I had the same problem with yours but I got it fixed now. I was trying to reverse $2500.45 but the same message like your came up, so what I did is I actually reduce the amount by0.01 that is $2500.44. And it works, I ran the EOFY report again still showed an amount of 0.01 so then I edit again. Now is all back to zero. I checked with one of my employees the amount lodge by the RReckon app does not show in the ato system anymore. I suggest you try one employee first just in case. Remember don’t put the money sign infront of the amount just either the negative or positive sign. Hope this will help you