Tyring to install 2009 version onto new laptop

TanyaTanya Member Posts: 3
edited September 9 in Accounts Business Range
I have old verson of reckon 2009 and am trying to reinstall in onto a new laptop. I have downloaded it but when I truy to open it I get a message that "This app has been blocked for your pprotection . An administor has blocked you from running this app" Can someone please help me in accessing this program.

Comments

• Kris_WilliamsKris_Williams Member Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭
    edited September 5
    This means that Reckon won’t activate it, they don’t support it any more and won’t register it, despite you having a perpetual license
  • Eric MurphyEric Murphy Member Posts: 121
    edited September 7
    That's a Windows message rather than a Reckon one, although what Kris has mentioned is still accurate in that such an old copy won't be activated.
    For what its worth, if you google that message you'll get some info on how to solve it.
  • MarioMario Reckon Staff Posts: 45
    edited September 7
    Hi Tanya, 

Incase Eric's solution doesn't resolve your issue, please visit our Help and Support centre by clicking on the link below for a workaround: 
    https://help.reckon.com/article/dng7v8at1c

The error you've described is not linked to your Reckon/Quickbooks activation status. 

• Kris_WilliamsKris_Williams Member Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭
    edited September 7
    I received this message at the same time that an older version of Reckon with a perpetual license suddenly changed the date to 31/3 and so wasn’t able to use it. I know of at least 2 other people who had the same thing happen
  • TanyaTanya Member Posts: 3
    edited September 7
    I have now got the 2009 to install on computer but still cant open it properly.  I get to the activate quicken and out in my quicken installation key number.  I then get  a message "quicken - unexpected error.  Quickens has encountered a problem and needs to close",  Any hints would be grateful.  Thanks

• MarioMario Reckon Staff Posts: 45
    edited September 7
    Hi Tanya, 

You may need to call our registrations team to assist with activating your Quicken product. Please click on the link for instructions: 
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/i-am-trying-to-install-quicken-personal-2011-and-keep-get...
This discussion has been closed.