Bank Reconciliation

Options

Hello,

I have completed my bank reconciliation and have a difference amount . The Debit and Credit amounts on Reckon match the bank statement, the opening and closing balances are correct but there is an amount still showing as a difference. I have re-done the July rec and it was the same, I have completed the Aug twice and get the same result. Does anyone have an idea where to look for an amount which is causing the difference. Thanks in advance. Deb

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited September 2020
    Options

If the opening balance is correct and you are positive all amounts are correct it’s not possible. Divide the amount by 2 and search for it and also double it and search for it. Only thing I would look for is an amount that you have entered as a debit instead of a credit or vice versa.

Exactly what program are you using, there hasn’t been a bank rec in 50 years I haven’t been able to balance, am happy to help. Call if you would like

0415 940843

• Debbie McColl
    Debbie McColl Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi Kris

Thanks for your reply. Reckon Hosted. I have looked for everything. I thought a credit may have been a debit but i wondered if it was an entry that wasnt a payment or deposit. I have been on this system for years but this has me beat.

• Debbie McColl
    Debbie McColl Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi Kris

I have solved the problem. When i printed a transaction list from the bank, the balance was different to the actual closing if i look at Aug / Sept transactions.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Glad you found it congratulations