Incorrect transfer of Reckon Single Touch App records to the ATO prefill form

I am the Sole Director and Sole Employee of my Pty Ltd Company.

I have been instructed to use Reckon by the ATO since 1st July last year for wages & super payments.

I have logged my wages & super payments EVERY month via the Reckon Android App and it has confirmed every time that the info has been sent to the ATO.

However my accountant now tells me that my ATO Prefill form (which I do not even know it existed) is only showing a record of ONE month wages & super payment, so there are 11 months missing.

This must be something that Reckon must fix because I cannot, nor can my accountant, and until it is fixed I cannot lodge my tax return.

So can someone from Reckon respond to this because I have emailed you / them with this problem and they say I must use this web site to submit my complaint.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,763 Administrator

Hi @stevemacrae

When you say the ATO Prefill form, do you mean what is showing in your MyGov account? ie. have you confirmed your balances in your income statement through your MyGov account?

Do ALL of the submissions show a 'Success' status? If any show an 'Error' status, can you please confirm the error message that has been returned from the ATO. You can find this by clicking into the submission itself and clicking the 'Review' button.

Also, which version of the STP app are you using? Can you please confirm that you are using v1.13.5? (Check your app store for any available updates).

• stevemacraestevemacrae Member Posts: 5

Hi Rav, my accountant sent me a copy of the ATO's Prefill form that shows only one month entry from Reckon over the last financial year, whereas there should have been 12 entries. I have never seen this Prefill form before, it is apparently the ATO's reconciliation form of postings for wages & super etc done electronically (It's a new one on me).

I can send you the Prefill form if you like.

Yes ALL of the Reckon submissions show 'Done' in green, I have photos of the 12 of them from my phone screen, but obviously 11 of them have not gone through to the ATO. I can send the screen shots to you if it helps.

I have not checked MyGov, I have focused on the ATO Prefill form issue. I did not even know that this information was registered on MyGov. Besides MyGov is personal to me, my issue is that my Companies submissions through Reckon have not gone through to the ATO, albeit Reckon says they have.

Hope this helps.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

PS: I am no tech guru, just trying to see my way through this electronic system with limited knowledge, paper BAS were much easier !!!

Thanks for getting back to me @stevemacrae

What is concerning me at the moment though is that you've stated ALL your submissions have been successfully sent and show a 'Success' status whereas this isn't necessarily translating somewhere else in the process.

Can I grab your ABN that is registered in your app account please.

I have not checked MyGov, I have focused on the ATO Prefill form issue. I did not even know that this information was registered on MyGov. Besides MyGov is personal to me, my issue is that my Companies submissions through Reckon have not gone through to the ATO, albeit Reckon says they have.

Sorry to give a bit more context on why I asked this. You've mentioned in your opening post that you're the sole employee which you've been reporting via your STP submissions. I wanted to confirm if the income statement for 2019/20, which is found in your MyGov account, is also showing the balance of only one submission OR if its showing ALL balances have been received & showing ie. I want to confirm if there is a disparity there or if this solely relates to the prefill form that your accountant is referencing.

Are you able to confirm this as well?

Sure Rav, really happy if you can get this sorted out.

My company is Steve MacRae Development Services Pty Ltd and the ABN is 26 142 989 204.

Let me know if you need my personal TFN, or the shots I have of the Prefill Form or the screen shots off my phone.

Hey @stevemacrae

How did you get on with verifying the balances received for you (as an employee) on the MyGov side?

The reason I ask is, I've had a chat with our STP team, and they've advised we don't have any visibility or control on what is showing on the ATO end after the submission is transmitted from us but more importantly, when we've received a 'success' response back from the ATO for the submission which you've confirmed.

Their recommendation would for you, or your accountant, to speak with the ATO to advise what is happening with their form especially when the submissions have been successful.

• Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 333

@stevemacrae,

The ATO Prefill report shows the myGov income statement. Business Portal would show all pay runs. Your accountant should be able to reconcile myGov income statement with Business Portal.

Ok thanks Rav & Joseph, I will go back to my accountant when he is back from leave, but I reckon (play on words) that it will be a torcherous process with the ATO.