Incorrect abn

For some reason my stp has a completely different abn to what I would have entered and now all my pay runs are errors.... I desperately need this abn corrected please help

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,879 Administrator

Hi @craig argent

What is the (incorrect) ABN that you have registered to your app account currently?

How long have you been using the app to report STP submissions? What is the error response that has been returned from the ATO for your submissions. Go into the latest submission and click the 'Review' button to view the response.

• craig argentcraig argent Member Posts: 16

The incorrect abn is 23788934383..... I have entered the whole last financial years with error being rejected by the ato

Thanks @craig argent

I've had a look at your account now, ordinarily if there had been no submissions sent to the ATO then I would have been able to delete the incorrect ABN outright. However because there are submissions involved, I'll need to get my app dev team to take a look organising the removal of it.

I'll send that through to them now and keep you posted on the results as soon as I hear back.

Thank you ato said they have all the soft ware is information and they think that it's must be the incorrect abn being the problem ..... I actually have 2 business enterprises and use reckon app for both and have no problem with the other one .... thank you for your assistance

Im still waiting for some further contact please ....

Morning @craig argent

Haven't forgotten about your case, unfortunately its out of my hands at this stage as I need our devs to action the required work to straighten this out and from what I understand its not exactly straightforward.

I'll give them a push on this though and I'll let you know as soon as I have more news.

Hi @craig argent

The team should have sorted this for you now. You will need to logout of your app account if you haven't already (Settings - Logout).

Log back in and the app will take you through setup again. At this point you'll be able to enter your correct ABN and go through setup etc

Thank you but now I'm finding that the app just keeps repeating the process of putting in abn then it tells me I am already registered to log in so I do then enter the abn and select you business which I do then receive the message to logging and just continually repeats these steps over and over ..... I don't know what to do from here..... help please

Hi @craig argent

Can you give me the ABN that you are trying to register into the app now?

Sure it's 79 191 463 168 thank you

Thanks @craig argent

Ok, I've had a look at this one now as well and yes its already been registered last year and there have been a few submissions sent already as well.

I think the confusion here though is the email address/app account that ABN 79 191 463 168 is under is a different email address eg. its NOT under the same email address you've used to register for this Community account.

I can't disclose what email address its under on the public forum but what I can say is that its a Gmail address which looks to be yours so hopefully that points you in the right direction.

If you login with the right email address & password it'll take you to the account for 79 191 463 168

Hopefully that helps but let me know.

Yes I have 2 reckon accounts with 2 similar email addresses as I couldn't set up 2 seperate business entities with different Abn's under 1 email address so the business with that other email you mentioned is for a company pty ltd ..... with a different tfn to the mentioned one above .... and that one has had all pay runs submitted....and accepted by ato .... thanks Craig

Thanks Craig. Have you been able to regain access to the account for ABN 79 191 463 168 now?

No it just keeps sending me in circles same as before ..... is there any way of deleting this account and starting from scratch....ie creating a new account for this abn ?

I'm still unable to fix this as per my last comment I have even logged out and turned device off and still going around in circles please help as my staff can't do her tax return until this is sorted .... and she is very keen to get this done and I'm just stuck with what more to do .... please help .... thanks Craig

I have actually created the account by putting in fat branch 2 instead of 1 I'm pretty sure that the business is fat branch 1 but..... but when I put gst branch 1 it tells me this is already allocated to an account ..... ah I'm so confused as what to do now.....

The issue with this new account is I can only put in pay runs to November 2019 so u can't submit all the pay runs for the last financial year so she still won't be able to do her tax ....

Hi Craig,

Which version of the STP app are you using? Can you please ensure you have the latest update which at the moment is v1.13.5

Also, are you using the Android or iOS version of the app?

Let me try to clear this up.

ABN 79 191 463 168 branch 1 was registered into the STP app back on September 26 2019. Its under a Gmail email address. You need to sign in using that email address to access the account. Ensure that you are signing in and not attempting to register the ABN again. Unfortunately, I cannot delete this account so you can start from scratch because there have already been submissions sent to the ATO from it.

ABN 79 191 463 168 branch 2 was setup today under a Hotmail email address. Please note, if your ABN does not have branch 2 in reality, please do NOT send through any submissions under it.

The gmail address is for my company with a different abn number and I can't seem to have 2 under the same email address .... the 1 I created today with the correct abn is gst branch 2 but wouldn't allow me to correct to gst branch 1 it is iOS and yes 1.13.5

The app won't allow you to register ABN 79 191 463 168 branch 1 into it because it already is registered.

You need to sign in with the Gmail address that was used to create the account. It is not the same Gmail address that your Community account is registered under. Its a Gmail address under your name.

Also, that is correct you cannot have more than one STP app account with the same email address.

Ok .... I can't remember setting up with a gmail account other than the post one are you able to send m an email with the correct gmail account to the post gmail address please I'm lost have tried a few combinations to no avail....

Shoot me an email to [email protected] please Craig.

Please include the following info:

• The link to this conversation
    • ABN
    • Business name
    • Your full name
    • Contact details

Thanks

Ok I've done that now .... thanks