ABN already registered - GovConnect

System
System Member Posts: 231 Moderator Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: GovConnect ABN already registered?.

Comments

• brodiea
    brodiea Member Posts: 1

Hi Rav

I have a client who has the same error as people above - Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch.

The ABN is 80103187239, can you please reset it

thank you

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @brodiea

I've split your comment off into its own post here as it looks to be a bit different to the others reported in that discussion because there aren't any errors associated with the registration.

I've had a look at ABN 80103187239 and it shows that its been successfully registered back in April and there have been a few submissions already sent to the ATO as well from it.

My suspicion is that the client has created a whole separate account under a different email address and is then trying to access GovConnect but since the ABN is already registered it won't allow it to be done again.

Its simple solution, they just need to login to the account with the same email address & password that was used when the account was first created. Unfortunately, I can't disclose what the email address is on a public forum but if you have any trouble, give our support team a call and we'll be able to straighten this out.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• thegallery
    thegallery Member Posts: 2

Hi @Rav

I’ve been having a similar problem with the ABN registration on GovConnect. It was all working fine until I purchased a new computer (old one crashed) and tried to setup GovConnect for ABN 34674648233. I now just get the message it’s already been registered. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @thegallery

Just checking this one out and I think it might be a similar situation as my response to the OP above.

A couple of things to check, are you logging into GovConnect using the same account/email address that was used when the account was first created? I've had a look and your ABN is registered under an email address that is NOT the same as the one your Reckon Community account is under so just to confirm, are you logging in with the right email?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.