Red error message

ckinspireckinspire Member Posts: 10
edited September 17 in Single Touch Payroll App

I am trying to lodge my end of year, and one of the pay runs has a red error message which states that

Period Start Date cannot be after Period end date

I would like to delete this pay run as I do not need to use it. How can I do that.

Thanks

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,906 Administrator

Hi @ckinspire

This discussion has been tagged in the 'About Reckon Community' category rather than a specific product one, so instead can you let me know which Reckon software you're using when you run into this message.

Have you confirmed the date period for this specific submission in the Reckon software you are using?

• ckinspireckinspire Member Posts: 10

Hi Rav I am using STP free software. I have confirmed the date for this submission, but still receive same error message.

Thanks

I still require help with this error message as I am unable to lodge with ato. I have attached a copy of what the issue .

@ckinspire

I notice that this particular submission is dated 4 May 2020 in your screenshot and you've also mentioned you're in the process of lodging your EOFY.

Can I confirm, are the balances that are showing in your EOFY 2019/20 report when you open it in the app correct or incorrect?

The reason I ask is, any submissions that have returned an Error status cannot be changed or removed from your list. They will remain as they are. However as long as you've remedied any subsequent submissions and the balances that are appearing in your EOFY report in the app are correct then you're ready to submit the EOFY 2019/20 finalisation.

There's more info on this here - https://help.reckon.com/article/3dsrjd3kel-stp-app-end-of-financial-year-report

Hi the balances in EOFY 2019/20 are incorrect. I have entered an extra jobkeeper payment. How do I delete it. That is what I have been trying to do.

Thanks Kerry

To make any corrections to the balances that are appearing in the app you can create an Update Event. I'll link some info below on how to use an Update Event.

To correct a balance in the previous 2019/20 financial year, please ensure that you enter 30 June 2020 or any other date in the previous FY in your update event.

EXAMPLE: Employee John Smith displays $40,000 gross pay for the 19/20 year, whereas in reality it should be $35,000 then the update event needs to be -$5000.00 gross pay for the same employee etc.

Thanks I will give that a try.