Error message after lodging STP report

What does this ATO message mean and how solve it??

Error message

• The value provided to identify the receiving party is not recognised, or a request has been made for a service not offered by the receiving party.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,886 Administrator

Hi @Kevin Thomas

This error message appears if there is an issue with the ATO's SBR2 service at the time of your submission. The SBR2 service handles STP transmissions to the ATO and over the weekend they had some trouble which affected receiving/processing of STP submissions.

My recommendation is to send through the submission again as normal and it should go through ok as the service has resumed normal operation.

• Kevin ThomasKevin Thomas Member Posts: 6

Ok thanks, very helpful, no idea how anyone knows about a SBR2 service?? I was thinking of relodging this, but when it happened to three of our entities, I thought it was something I was doing. Will see, thanks again. Which begs the question, WHY DIDN'T THE ATO LET US KNOW SO WE DON'T HAVE TO WASTE OUR TIME WORKING OUT THEIR ERROR????, THEY WOULD SURELY KNOW WHO HAD THE PROBLEM AND SHOULD LET US KNOW????

• Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 341

@Kevin Thomas

Last weekend was a scheduled maintenance for many of the ATO systems. It started on Friday 25/09 evening and systems became operational again Monday 28/09 before 9:00. Users of ATO online systems are supposed to check ATO website for maintenance times. Most maintenance happens on weekends.

• Kevin ThomasKevin Thomas Member Posts: 6

Don't agree, checking maintenance times, doesn't mean the bloody thing will work, the ATO are just abrogating their responsibilty, they should let users know when something doesn't work instead of us having to check, they work for us, not us for them, believe it or not!!