YTD 2019/20 reporting error with ATO

Not sure on how to explain this but I have 1 employee and he is unable to get his accountant to lodge his Tax for the 19/20 year as his report says' Not Tax Ready'. He called the ATO and they dismissed it as it has something to do with Reckon STP reporting.

There seemed to be a double up of some entries as it looked as though the September 1-19/ 2019( 3 weekly pay runs) pays were duplicated. This figure was already included in the YTD figure and another file with just these 3 weeks were also shown as reported. This has since been rectified from our end and when i check his report on my phone app it all looks fine NOW.

However, The ATO are still seeing 2 seperate entries. See pic below from what my employee is seeing when he logs into his MYGOV.

However, im not sure why the ATO are still seeing the old figures. Ive tried calling Reckon and they have been no help at all.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,886 Administrator

Hi @pappos69

I can't see the screenshot you've mentioned but just want to confirm a few other details. Have you reported for this employee through the Reckon STP app throughout the entirety of the 2019/20 financial year or did you come across from another accounting/STP software part way through the year?

Do you have more than one account on the STP app which this employee may be part of?

Have you sent through a End of Financial Year finalisation report for 2019/20 from the STP app already which this employee was included in?

• pappos69pappos69 Member Posts: 4

Hi Rav. Yes we were originally reporting through MYOB and then switched over. It appears that only a 3 week window of 3 weekly wages have been duplicated. Sep 1-19/2019.

We only have one account on the STP app.

Yes Im pretty sure my bookkeeper has sent through a End of year finalisation report for 2019 from the app. Is there a way to tell?

I have also attached a screenshot of this employees end of year report on my phone app.

Thanks for getting back to me @pappos69

Yes we were originally reporting through MYOB and then switched over. It appears that only a 3 week window of 3 weekly wages have been duplicated. Sep 1-19/2019.

Ok, this would explain why there are two income statements appearing in MyGov. But to confirm, was the 3 week window the same period where you reported for this employee via MYOB?

Yes Im pretty sure my bookkeeper has sent through a End of year finalisation report for 2019 from the app. Is there a way to tell?

There are a couple of ways to tell, the first is that if the EOFY finalisation has been successfully accepted it will turn the income statement for an employee to 'Tax Ready' status. At the moment your screenshot shows that its 'Not tax ready' so it looks like the finalisation hasn't been sent yet.

Are the balances in the STP app for this employee correct as shown in your 2nd screenshot? If so, then my recommendation would be to send through the EOFY Finalisation from the app so that the ATO is notified and the employee's income statement switches to 'Tax Ready'.

There's full detailed info on how to send through the End of Financial Year finalisation with the STP app here -

• pappos69pappos69 Member Posts: 4

Hey Rav.

All fixed. We must not have sent through the report for the end of year. Something so simple in the end.

Really appreciate your help

Regards Alex

Good stuff Alex! Great to hear everything is sorted now 🙂