ATO figures differ

My Accountant just printed a copy of my ATO income statement and the figures I entered into the STP differ to the figures generated to the ATO.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,886 Administrator

Hi @MM168PtyLtd, welcome to the Reckon Community.

Just to confirm, are you using the free STP app?

If so, can you give us some additional information on how the balances differ? What balances are appearing in the STP app and what is appearing on your income statement?

Have you had any submissions sent throughout the year that have returned an error or are in pending status etc?

• MM168PtyLtdMM168PtyLtd Member Posts: 3

Hi Rav,

yes I have had errors on some of my lodgings. When re entered they have been approved.

the difference in gross payment is $17,472 too much and the withholding tax difference is $3,440.00.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,886 Administrator

Thanks for getting back to me @MM168PtyLtd

Ok without knowing too much of the specifics, I believe I know what is happening.

The 'Pay Summary' section in the STP app will show an accumulated total of ALL submissions regardless of their status ie. Success, Error, Pending etc, PLUS any YTD pay balance that was entered for the employee when they were first set up. Due to this, at times it can become out of sync with what your figures should be in real terms.

The first thing you need to do is make sure you are on the latest version of the STP app which is currently v1.13.5. Check your app store for an update if you aren't on this version already.

Go into your EOFY2019/20 report in the app and note down the figures its showing for each employee. If they are incorrect which it sounds like they are based on what you've mentioned then go out of the EOFY report and create an Update Event in the app for each employee to bring their balances in line with what they should be reality.

To create an Update Event in the app, click the blue + symbol and select 'Update Event'.

Example: if the Pay Summary section in the app is showing $5000.00 gross pay whereas in reality it should only be $3000.00 then the adjustment you create for that employee is -$2000.00 gross pay.

Once you have done the necessary corrections, go back into the EOFY 2019/20 report and you will notice the figures are now correct there. 

Send through the EOFY finalisation. When you do, the EOFY Report will OVERWRITE any and all balances that the ATO received PRIOR to that. This way you know that you're sending through the full & final correct YTD figures for each employee.

The EOFY process is outlined in this help guide. Please refer to it -

• MM168PtyLtdMM168PtyLtd Member Posts: 3

Hi Rav,

seems to have worked, December payment went through five times instead of one.

I have made the adjustment.

How long to ATO has correct details?