Deleting and/or ammending pay runs

ditchditch Member Posts: 3

Hello. I have attempted to amend my oct 2019 and my Jan 2020 pay runs but ended up with new pay runs in addition to the original. Is it possible to delete or amend either of these?

Thanks

Drew

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,785 Administrator

Hi Drew,

Can you step me through the process you went through in attempting to amend these two previous submissions.

From what you've mentioned it sounds like you've created two new submissions, OR did you create an Update Event in the app?

• ditchditch Member Posts: 3

Rav

Thanks for getting in touch. I did this back in July so i'm not sure what exactly I did. i was trying to amend the allowances for the Oct19 and Jan20 pay runs. What i ended with are 2 pay events for both periods. the only difference being the allowances. i have spoken to the ATO over the last few months as I was informed they could sort it out which hasnt happened. They indicated I should try and update with the software which I tried a few days ago. In this in stance I did an update event for the jan20 which i thought would eliminate the other 2 for that date. I also attempted the same for the Oct19 which during the process ended up being Oct20. I am guessing from looking at some of the posts that update events cannot be used to amend individual pay runs? I hope this makes sense. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Drew

• ditchditch Member Posts: 3

Rav

Thanks for getting in touch. I did this back in July so i'm not sure what exactly I did. i was trying to amend the allowances for the Oct19 and Jan20 pay runs. What i ended with are 2 pay events for both periods. the only difference being the allowances. i have spoken to the ATO over the last few months as I was informed they could sort it out which hasnt happened. They indicated I should try and update with the software which I tried a few days ago. In this in stance I did an update event for the jan20 which i thought would eliminate the other 2 for that date. I also attempted the same for the Oct19 which during the process ended up being Oct20. I am guessing from looking at some of the posts that update events cannot be used to amend individual pay runs? I hope this makes sense. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Drew