GST Branch Code - Urgent update request

Dear STP App Team,

Can you please update the GST branch code for my client as a matter of urgency.

ABN: 28 647 220 904

New GST branch code: 4

Current GST branch code: 1

Account email address: [email protected]

The instructions in the App ask the user to send an email to [email protected] if they need a change to their GST branch code. However, emails to this address have remained unanswered despite numerous being sent. I understand the preferred method for these requests is via this forum. If this is true, can I respectfully suggest that the App be updated to direct users to the forum rather than to the email address to avoid frustration and unnecessary delays in the update being actioned.

Regards, Suzanne

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,785 Administrator

Hi there @Suzanne Lockwood

I've sent through the details of this to our app & STP devs to action. I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear back from them on the successful change.

In regard to branch number changes in general, the email address that the app displays is certainly the correct avenue for these requests to be actioned rather than the Community here. The reason for that is, the email inbox goes directly to our STP devs who are able to access the backend systems required for such changes. Its disappointing to hear that your emails went unanswered though so that's something for us to review ASAP.

• Suzanne LockwoodSuzanne Lockwood Member Posts: 113 ✭✭

Thanks Rav, much appreciated.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,785 Administrator

Hi @Suzanne Lockwood

The devs have just got back to me and would like to confirm if your client has 'zeroed out' the current balances sent under GST branch 1. As the submissions under the current incorrect branch have already been sent to the ATO, they will remain under branch 1 so its required to bring the balances for the erroneous branch back to zero before we can change the branch on our end to GST branch 4.

Your client can do this by creating an Update Event in the app and I'll link some detailed info on this below.

Example:

Employee John Smith has a total of $10,000.00 gross pay, $200.00 tax and $50.00 super sent from submissions in the STP app for this 2020/21 financial year so far.

The Update Event that will be created for employee John Smith in the app will be -$10.000.00 gross pay, -$200.00 tax and -$50.00 super in order to being their current total YTD balances to zero.

• Suzanne LockwoodSuzanne Lockwood Member Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi Rav,

I understood the ATO was fixing this manually for them but will follow this up and report back once I can confirm that all current YTD balances have been reversed out.