STP app reports ineligible staff claiming for Jobkeeper

AENGAENG Member Posts: 2

I use Reckon STP app to do STP for my employee. By default, the app reports all employee claiming for Jobkeeper, including employee who is not eligible. Therefore, ATO saw a mismatch between my STP report and the BP jobkeeper declaration, so ATO was not able to process my October Jobkeeper.

Would anyone know how to correct this issue? Called ATO, they ask me to use the software to update the employee to be ineligible for Jobkeeper.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,785 Administrator

Hi @AENG

Jobkeeper-eligible employees are not defined in the free STP app itself as it does not have the capability to add a JobKeeper 2.0 tier code. Instead, employees who are eligible for JobKeeper payments are marked from within the ATO Business Portal.

Check out our JobKeeper guide for the STP app below -

• AENGAENG Member Posts: 2

Hi @Rav ,

Thanks for the comment.

I only marked eligible employees on the ATO Business Portal. However, ATO said that they received STP report using the Jobkeeper claim code for employees who were not listed in the ATO Business Portal's jobkeeper employee list.

Because of this miss match, they cannot process Jobkeeper payment as it is showing an error in their system.

thanks

• Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 333

Hi @AENG

Free app does not generate JobKeeper claim code; JobKeeper wages are just normal wages.

So your business is eligible for JobKeeper but some employees are not eligible to receive JobKeeper wages. It is an uncommon situation.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,785 Administrator
    edited November 18

Hi @AENG

As @Joseph Li has mentioned, the free app does not include a JobKeeper payment code to your employees so there is nothing in the app that you need or can do when it comes to JK codes. I don't mean to sound like I'm passing the buck here but if the ATO have received indication that an employee is eligible for JobKeeper payments because there is a JK code associated to them, then that is something that will have come from the ATO Business Portal if you defined eligible employees there.

If the ATO has advised you to remove any JobKeeper codes from an employee, you cannot do that in the Reckon app because it does not send or allow you to send any JK codes.

I think the best course of action here might be for you to have another chat with the ATO on this unfortunately. Have they advised you specifically what they want you to change?